Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2025 , Jan 29 8:17 PM
      "I saw the snares that the enemy spreads out over the world and I said groaning, "What can get through from such snares?" Then I heard a voice saying to me, "Humility." "

      St. Anthony the Great.

      For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2025 of 2025 , Jan 9 5:21 PM
        CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

        "The body of the Word, then, being a real human body, in spite of its having been uniquely formed from a virgin, was of itself mortal and, like other bodies, liable to death. But the indwelling of the Word loosed it from this natural liability, so that corruption could not touch it. Thus is happened that two opposite marvels took place at once: the death of all was consummated in the Lord's body; yet, because the Word was in it, death and corruption were in the same act utterly abolished."

        St. Athanasius, On the Incarnation of the Word.

        "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."  1 John 5:11

        The Bible reading for the 2nd of Tubah, January 10, is:
        1 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them. 7 Then Jesus said to them again, Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:1-16)
        Departure of St. Theonas, 16th Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Callinicus (Gallinicus), Bishop of Oseem.

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Tubah, January 11, is: Matthew 2:13-23
        Commemoration of the Slain Children of Bethlehem by the Order of King Herod.

        Prayer Requests:

        Peter - Guidance and peace.
        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.