Re: Rubel gaining life by Animal Sacrifice offered by Moses.

  • Deepu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
      "Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my
      strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
      Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to
      thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch."
      Gen 49:3-4

      "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

      We have read two blessings of Reuben. The first from his father, the
      patriarch Jacob; the second from his deliverer and intercessor,
      Moses. The first speaks only facts. The second speaks only mercy.
      The father spoke of the privileges that could have been his, the
      unstable character that was his undoing, and the terrible sin that
      tarnished his memory and strained his relationships. The intercessor
      speaks only of mercy and blessing.

      His Reproach
      And now we must mention Reuben's detestable sin. He slept with the
      concubine of his father, Bilhah. He went into his father's bed and
      committed adultery and incest at the same time. His instability
      caused him to commit a shameful sin and his reproach shall not be
      wiped away.

      His Redemption
      "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

      Some of Jewish tradition believes that through Moses, Reuben and his
      tribe got freed from the curse.

      Not sure about the animal sacrifice. ????

      -- Deepu

      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:

    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20 9:55 AM
        I want to thank H.E Mor Deevannasios Thirumeni and Mr Deepu for the
        very valuable insights.

        Mathew G M
      • Rinu Sam
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
          Dear all
          This song is Office for the departed souls
          If Moses gave life to sinner Ruben by the animal sacrifice,how much more blessings will the departed faithful receive by the living sacrifice of the Lord Jesus.

          The sin/curse of Ruben, read Genesis 49:4 and Deutro.27:20
          before his death Moses the man of God,(the highpriest and Prophet) blessed all tribes of Israel.In deutr.33:6 Moses said " May Ruben never die out..." this because of the animal sacrifices offered by Moses/Aaron as per the Sin offering/sacrifice instructed by the Lord
          in Levictus.

          With Prayers
          Rinu Sam
          ID#4038