Re: Rubel gaining life by Animal Sacrifice offered by Moses.

  • Deepu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
      "Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my
      strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
      Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to
      thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch."
      Gen 49:3-4

      "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

      We have read two blessings of Reuben. The first from his father, the
      patriarch Jacob; the second from his deliverer and intercessor,
      Moses. The first speaks only facts. The second speaks only mercy.
      The father spoke of the privileges that could have been his, the
      unstable character that was his undoing, and the terrible sin that
      tarnished his memory and strained his relationships. The intercessor
      speaks only of mercy and blessing.

      His Reproach
      And now we must mention Reuben's detestable sin. He slept with the
      concubine of his father, Bilhah. He went into his father's bed and
      committed adultery and incest at the same time. His instability
      caused him to commit a shameful sin and his reproach shall not be
      wiped away.

      His Redemption
      "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

      Some of Jewish tradition believes that through Moses, Reuben and his
      tribe got freed from the curse.

      Not sure about the animal sacrifice. ????

      -- Deepu

      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:

    • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
        Dear Mathew & All

        Please refer the following verses to get a detailed information about
        the Sin of Ruben and the curse from his father and redemption given
        by Prophet Moses.

        We assume that Moses kept the words of Yahweh and did the sacrifices
        for the sin of his people

        Gen.49:1-4,
        Gen.35:22,
        Deut.33:6,
        Lev. 4:27-35

        Deevannasios Methrachan

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M wrote:

        > On page 138 of the Qurbana Kramam, in the below link there is a
        hymn:
        > http://tinyurl.com/cjscuj
        >

        > You can hear it at:
        > http://tinyurl.com/bk6dy5
        >
        > I am not familiar with the incident described in this hymn, where
        > Rubel gains life by an animal sacrifice offered by Moses.
        >
        > Can any of the learned Priests or elders in this forum, please give
        > me the details including the chapter and verse in the Bible that
        > describes this incident.
      • Mathew G M
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
          I want to thank H.E Mor Deevannasios Thirumeni and Mr Deepu for the
          very valuable insights.

          Mathew G M
        • Rinu Sam
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
            Dear all
            This song is Office for the departed souls
            If Moses gave life to sinner Ruben by the animal sacrifice,how much more blessings will the departed faithful receive by the living sacrifice of the Lord Jesus.

            The sin/curse of Ruben, read Genesis 49:4 and Deutro.27:20
            before his death Moses the man of God,(the highpriest and Prophet) blessed all tribes of Israel.In deutr.33:6 Moses said " May Ruben never die out..." this because of the animal sacrifices offered by Moses/Aaron as per the Sin offering/sacrifice instructed by the Lord
            in Levictus.

            With Prayers
            Rinu Sam
            ID#4038