Re: Thrikkunnathu Seminary- Some realities

  • Cijoy Varghese
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2009
      Dear sir

      Wwe have to constitute a legal commitee on all malankara basis to look into  ownership documents of all churches & properties of our church to make them legally correct.

      In such a way that no outside church or persons is able to make a claim on our property.

      Earlier when metropolitians deserted we lost property this should not happen again

      Cijoy Varghese
      Allapra church
      Kandanad
    • Bibu Philip Matthew
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2009
        Dear All

        The news that High court has dismissed the case by IOC prohibiting Jacobites the real owner from entering seminary is most welcome. Court has given interim justice.

        As I told you earlier politicians and media has limit and they will stand neutral in public for votes and business, they cannot provide a solution ,only court can give us justice. I understand Jacobite Syrian church never want to drag it to court as a principle, that we Jacobites will not approach the court first, but IOC has taken it to court and have utterly failed in the case. This has given us a temporary legal solution and helped us.

        Trikkunath seminary belongs to Jacobite Syrian church and we have all legal documents to prove it ,silence is not an option when things are ill done,we should not be hesitant in approaching court for a noble cause, H.B.Catholicos Thomas-I should not feel bad in  approaching court to execute will of former Jacobite bishops if necessary to prove ownership legally. I repeat fighting for a noble cause is not a sin, for false prophets who violate Shalmootho ,will resist by all means. Similarly Jacobite church should get the control of Mor Athanasious High school in Nedumbassery as its real owner according to the registered will of Jacobite bishop Mor Gregorios Vayaliparambil is Jacobite Syrian Church .

        Vayaliparambil Itty Mathu was the treasurer in charge of Trikkunath seminary construction in 1903 and Mor Gregorios Vayaliparambil inaugurated the seminary in 1957 with new building,we have long association with Jacobite church and seminary since its construction. Vayaliparambil Matthew Matthew, a government servant was the architect who supervised the construction of some new buildings in seminary and he was an adviser to St.Athanasious Paulose. We have built it for Jacobites Syrian Church using the money of Jacobites loyal to Holy throne of Antioch only and not for false bishops and trespassers.

        But if Jacobite church as the real owners should get permanent ownership, we have to make it a legal issue, by applying correct legal procedure and not a democratic issue which will lead to a law and order issue ultimately, giving upper hand to political leaders, who will always take a neutral stand as a popular way. Media also wants it to be a political issue,so that they can have debates which will be a good time pass for channel.

        Only a court can approve our ownership as the final authority and the only solution is to prove our ownership in a court, otherwise this issue will remain for ever though we will have right to enter church during annual feast,once a year. Our Church leaders should deal this, the legal way for a permanent real solution. Catholicos HB.Thomas-I and metropolitan of Angamaly has to realise that the only solution is by court and our reluctance in moving to court as a principle (this principle is good but by applying this principle we are in a way not claiming the ownership) will only create more and more law and order issue bringing disgrace to Christianity and Jacobite church. There will be pressure on us not to follow the legal way. If our intention is permanent ownership we must follow the legal way immediately.

        We are now following a policy of appeasement in a way by not going for the correct permanent solution. For the Jacobite masses entering the seminary once a year may be sufficient, but for real Jacobite they need a permanent solution. Otherwise Every January we have to claim ownersip, making it a law and order problem for entry.This is my personal opinion.

        Let The Truth Prevail.
        Bibu Philip Matthew
        Vayaliparambil Pynadath
        0074
      • Thomas Varghese
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2009
          Dear Johnson

          You may aware that there was an agreement between orthodox and
          Jacobites regarding the praying at the tombs on 2005.

          The agreement contains( I think, As per jacobite request) that no
          orthodox priest should offer "Dhoopam" at these three bishops tombs.

          Since orthodox church always was telling JSC to abide by these
          agreement, It will be very difficult to present the case further if
          they themselves contradicts this agreement.

          This is the simple reason.

          Thanking you

          Thomas

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Johnson wrote:

          > 1) All the time IOC say that both the Seminary and the Church belong
          > to them. To support this claim they say and declare that the fathers
          > who are entombed there are their fathers or common fathers. They
          > celebrate the feast of these fathers !!!. Then when the Govt.who are
          > the current custodian of the closed church allowed 4 hours to them
          > to conduct intercessionary prayers at these father's tombs why they
          > did not enter the holy tomb's place and conducted dhoopa prarthana?.
          > Instead they prayed at the tomb of their bishop, Mar Theophelos
          only"
        • Mathew
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2009
            Mr.Johnson,

            You may not aware that there was an agreement between the
            Orthodox brothers and us regarding the seminary issue which is to
            keep the status quo(existing state)is only a temperory agreement. The
            status quo has to be kept untill the court has finalized the issue
            regarding the ownership of the seminary and the church.But there is a
            question still existing. Was this agreement approved by any legal
            system in India after that? Because there was a court order during
            the close out of the church that the status quo has to be kept. That
            was in 1977(I believe)The status quo in 1977 means the manager is our
            beloved Mannaraprayil Achen and the Angamaly Metropolitan is
            Philipose Mar theophilose Thirumeny. Was this status quo kept by our
            beloved brothers in Orthodox Church and its respectful leaders? But
            after 1977 Status Quo has been repeatedly violated.

            1) Orthodox brothers restructure the seminary building and start a chapel inside the seminary

            2) Beloved Mannaraprayil Achen has been removed and beloved Bobby Varghese Achen replaced him

            3) Theophilose thirumeny entered in to eternal life and beloved Paulose Mor Pakomiose replaced him

            4) All the bishops and the regular priests of the orthodox church
            entering in to the seminary SINCE 1977 and denying our bishops and
            priests to enter in to the seminary

            5) Beloved Orthodox leaders kept forty people inside the seminary and named as 'THEOLOGY STUDENTS'.

            Who is violating the status quo? If there is a decision to keep the
            status quo, it has to be the state of 1977 that Mannaraprayil achen
            as the manager of the church and immediate discontinuation of the
            chapel functioning inside the seminary untill the court has to
            finalize the issue. There is no other bishops or priests can enter in
            to the church or seminary from both factions untill the problem is
            resolved through the legal system. Untill then let Mannaraprayil Achen (Media Maniach) take the control.

            I request the attorney who is representing our church in the court
            has to read all these postings also. Thank you,

            Mathew
            Oklahoma
            ========================
            From the desk of the Moderator:

          • Johnson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
              Dear Mr. Thomas V

              Shlomo

              I am not aware of any such agreement which is binding to the
              faithful. But I have a question. If your leadership is honouring a
              so called agreement of 2005 why can't you honour the probated wills
              of founders and former custodians of the said Church and Seminary
              which are legally standing?.

              The real and true fact is that your leadership do not have any
              respect to these saintly fathers but only want to hold the property
              by any means. You may not understand the tears of true followers of
              them because you always believe in money and might. Otherwise why
              Dr. Theophilos was buried there against his wishes?. Didn't you read
              the letter written by your own Mannaraprayil Cori?. So please don't
              try to be smart. Smartness in this world may not stand correct on
              the day of last judgement if you believe in His Words.
              Try to think rationally and in the light of Holy Scripture.

              In his love

              Johnson

              --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Varghese wrote:

              > Dear Johnson
              >
              > You may aware that there was an agreement between orthodox and
              > Jacobites regarding the praying at the tombs on 2005.

            • Sbu Alias
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
                Brother, Johnson the said agreement itself is a clear indication of the true nature of IOC. Had they considered the entombed fathers as theirs, they would not have conceeded to such an aggreement. They need their brothers / neighbours property. For that they will come to any agreement as a Mammon worshipper is not afraid of God.

                Sbu Alias