Rubel gaining life by Animal Sacrifice offered by Moses.

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2009
      On page 138 of the Qurbana Kramam, in the below link there is a hymn:
      http://tinyurl.com/cjscuj

      Paathakanam Rubelinu Jeevan Moosha
      Mriga Baliyaal Nalki engil
      Jeevanezhum Nin Baliyalee
      Viswasikalayi Marichorkka-
      -njathra gunam koodum.

      You can hear it at:
      http://tinyurl.com/bk6dy5

      I am not familiar with the incident described in this hymn, where
      Rubel gains life by an animal sacrifice offered by Moses.

      Can any of the learned Priests or elders in this forum, please give
      me the details including the chapter and verse in the Bible that
      describes this incident.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      # 0929
    • Deepu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
        "Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my
        strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
        Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to
        thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch."
        Gen 49:3-4

        "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

        We have read two blessings of Reuben. The first from his father, the
        patriarch Jacob; the second from his deliverer and intercessor,
        Moses. The first speaks only facts. The second speaks only mercy.
        The father spoke of the privileges that could have been his, the
        unstable character that was his undoing, and the terrible sin that
        tarnished his memory and strained his relationships. The intercessor
        speaks only of mercy and blessing.

        His Reproach
        And now we must mention Reuben's detestable sin. He slept with the
        concubine of his father, Bilhah. He went into his father's bed and
        committed adultery and incest at the same time. His instability
        caused him to commit a shameful sin and his reproach shall not be
        wiped away.

        His Redemption
        "Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few." Deut 33:6

        Some of Jewish tradition believes that through Moses, Reuben and his
        tribe got freed from the curse.

        Not sure about the animal sacrifice. ????

        -- Deepu

        ========================
        From the desk of the Moderator:

      • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
          Dear Mathew & All

          Please refer the following verses to get a detailed information about
          the Sin of Ruben and the curse from his father and redemption given
          by Prophet Moses.

          We assume that Moses kept the words of Yahweh and did the sacrifices
          for the sin of his people

          Gen.49:1-4,
          Gen.35:22,
          Deut.33:6,
          Lev. 4:27-35

          Deevannasios Methrachan

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M wrote:

          > On page 138 of the Qurbana Kramam, in the below link there is a
          hymn:
          > http://tinyurl.com/cjscuj
          >

          > You can hear it at:
          > http://tinyurl.com/bk6dy5
          >
          > I am not familiar with the incident described in this hymn, where
          > Rubel gains life by an animal sacrifice offered by Moses.
          >
          > Can any of the learned Priests or elders in this forum, please give
          > me the details including the chapter and verse in the Bible that
          > describes this incident.
        • Mathew G M
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
            I want to thank H.E Mor Deevannasios Thirumeni and Mr Deepu for the
            very valuable insights.

            Mathew G M
          • Rinu Sam
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
              Dear all
              This song is Office for the departed souls
              If Moses gave life to sinner Ruben by the animal sacrifice,how much more blessings will the departed faithful receive by the living sacrifice of the Lord Jesus.

              The sin/curse of Ruben, read Genesis 49:4 and Deutro.27:20
              before his death Moses the man of God,(the highpriest and Prophet) blessed all tribes of Israel.In deutr.33:6 Moses said " May Ruben never die out..." this because of the animal sacrifices offered by Moses/Aaron as per the Sin offering/sacrifice instructed by the Lord
              in Levictus.

              With Prayers
              Rinu Sam
              ID#4038