Re. Apostolic Church (Reply to Fr, K.K. John & Mr. Thomas P) Part 3

  • Paul Philipose
    Message 1 of 100 , Nov 5, 2002
      Dear Achan,
      Because of the reasons I stated on my first letter, I am convinced
      that the devil played a great role in the life of your Catholicos and
      the faction he leads. You, as a able lieutenant of your Catholicos
      glorifying his acts and rejoicing over the misery of the faithful,
      you are inadvertently supporting the devil's cause.

      So
      1) Jesus has established only ONE Church. ("I will establish my
      church" – NOT churches). That church is on the faith that Peter has
      declared.

      2) The Keys of Heaven has been given to Peter. So when you deny
      Peter how will you enter heaven?

      3) Peter was given the chief priesthood which had been established
      through Moses and given to Aaron and passed on till Jesus Christ. The
      power to absolve sins is given to that priesthood. By breaking from
      that Priesthood, you loose the priesthood.

      4) In Old Testament the chief priest, Aaron had the power only to beg
      to God for forgiveness of sins. But in New Testament, it was given to
      Peter

      5) Jesus Told Peter: 'To tend His lambs". i.e. to administer the
      people of the church.

      This is why the H. Supreme Court of India (though the judges were all
      Hindus) declared that your faith of 'See of Thomas' is just
      decorative. But still your so called believers don't seem to get it.

      Fr. KK John, before you talk more to someone please read:
      1) Orthodox faith by Anchal acahn(all malayalam)
      2) What shall I do to be saved by Dr. Kaniamparmbil archan(Mal and
      english)
      3) The doctrine of syrian orthodox church. by Dr. Kaniyamparmbil(Mal)
      4) Faith of early church fathers (Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3)
      5) Biblical encyclopeadea by Dr.Babu Paul
      6) Canon

      I will not reply more on this subject because I have spent a lot of
      my time in explaining my faith. Neither my children nor I have
      anything to loose if you are on the wrong side. It affects only you
      and your children.

      I wanted to say "God bless you". But as per canon I can't do it. But
      I will pray for you to get Wisdom to seek God and for courage to seek
      the truth. And that is very hard.

      Forgive me if I offended you or any one who read this in any way. I
      did not mean to. I raised questions not to judge you, But only to
      provoke your thinking process.

      Regards,

      Paul Philipose
    • Dipu George
      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
        Shlomo,

        Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
        people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
        Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
        Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

        I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
        so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
        this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
        of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
        this context) have been written along with my very small observations
        in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
        I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
        exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

        Aloho Ahmuch ………….

        Dipu George

        -------------------
        THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

        PART 14

        The Supreme Court judgment of 1958

        In spite of unselfish services rendered by Dr P T Thomas and Adv K P
        Abraham and P P John the Catholicos could win the suit on " certain
        legal points". In spite of this adverse decision the prelates and
        the faithful worked with determination for the perpetuation of their
        Holy Faith.

        But "peace at any cost " became the slogan of some influential
        quarters. The following pages will show whether it was for the better
        or for the bitter.

        The Union of 1958

        In His memorable Patriarchal Bull of 9th December 1958 His Holiness
        after elaborating the advantages of union and peace ends the Kalpana
        with the words that "We are pleased to accept Mar Baselios
        Geevarghese as Catholicos for the sake of peace in the Malankara
        Church".

        This magnanimous gesture from the Holy Father was lauded by the whole
        Christendom but the partisans of the Catholicos found it as a
        submission of the Patriarch in the wake of the adverse judgment of
        the Supreme Court. This is totally incorrect. It has already been
        cited earlier that in His first Patriarchal Kalpana to the Malankara
        Church dated 11th November, the Holy Father had clearly expressed His
        prime desire for peace and that too it was at a time when the High
        Court of Kerala had "DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE PATRIARCH'S PARTY".