- Dear Achan, Because of the reasons I stated on my first letter, I am convinced that the devil played a great role in the life of your Catholicos and theMessage 1 of 100 , Nov 5, 2002View SourceDear Achan,
Because of the reasons I stated on my first letter, I am convinced
that the devil played a great role in the life of your Catholicos and
the faction he leads. You, as a able lieutenant of your Catholicos
glorifying his acts and rejoicing over the misery of the faithful,
you are inadvertently supporting the devil's cause.
1) Jesus has established only ONE Church. ("I will establish my
church" NOT churches). That church is on the faith that Peter has
2) The Keys of Heaven has been given to Peter. So when you deny
Peter how will you enter heaven?
3) Peter was given the chief priesthood which had been established
through Moses and given to Aaron and passed on till Jesus Christ. The
power to absolve sins is given to that priesthood. By breaking from
that Priesthood, you loose the priesthood.
4) In Old Testament the chief priest, Aaron had the power only to beg
to God for forgiveness of sins. But in New Testament, it was given to
5) Jesus Told Peter: 'To tend His lambs". i.e. to administer the
people of the church.
This is why the H. Supreme Court of India (though the judges were all
Hindus) declared that your faith of 'See of Thomas' is just
decorative. But still your so called believers don't seem to get it.
Fr. KK John, before you talk more to someone please read:
1) Orthodox faith by Anchal acahn(all malayalam)
2) What shall I do to be saved by Dr. Kaniamparmbil archan(Mal and
3) The doctrine of syrian orthodox church. by Dr. Kaniyamparmbil(Mal)
4) Faith of early church fathers (Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3)
5) Biblical encyclopeadea by Dr.Babu Paul
I will not reply more on this subject because I have spent a lot of
my time in explaining my faith. Neither my children nor I have
anything to loose if you are on the wrong side. It affects only you
and your children.
I wanted to say "God bless you". But as per canon I can't do it. But
I will pray for you to get Wisdom to seek God and for courage to seek
the truth. And that is very hard.
Forgive me if I offended you or any one who read this in any way. I
did not mean to. I raised questions not to judge you, But only to
provoke your thinking process.
- Shlomo, Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the ChurchMessage 100 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002View SourceShlomo,
Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.
I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
this context) have been written along with my very small observations
in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.
Aloho Ahmuch .
THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH
The Supreme Court judgment of 1958
In spite of unselfish services rendered by Dr P T Thomas and Adv K P
Abraham and P P John the Catholicos could win the suit on " certain
legal points". In spite of this adverse decision the prelates and
the faithful worked with determination for the perpetuation of their
But "peace at any cost " became the slogan of some influential
quarters. The following pages will show whether it was for the better
or for the bitter.
The Union of 1958
In His memorable Patriarchal Bull of 9th December 1958 His Holiness
after elaborating the advantages of union and peace ends the Kalpana
with the words that "We are pleased to accept Mar Baselios
Geevarghese as Catholicos for the sake of peace in the Malankara
This magnanimous gesture from the Holy Father was lauded by the whole
Christendom but the partisans of the Catholicos found it as a
submission of the Patriarch in the wake of the adverse judgment of
the Supreme Court. This is totally incorrect. It has already been
cited earlier that in His first Patriarchal Kalpana to the Malankara
Church dated 11th November, the Holy Father had clearly expressed His
prime desire for peace and that too it was at a time when the High
Court of Kerala had "DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE PATRIARCH'S PARTY".