What is the Book of Hosea about?

  • Sr. Marina Issa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2009
      What is the Book of Hosea about? How was it composed & in what sense
      (if any) might it be regarded as True?
      by Sr. Marina Issa

      If we read swiftly through the chapters of Hosea, we can at once notice
      that the book is written in a metaphorical and poetical way, which
      gives the reader encouragement to dig deeper into its true meaning and
      significance. The very uniqueness, which attracts the scholar's
      attention, is how the prophecy is represented in the narrative.
      Nevertheless, the script has always been challenging for critical
      scholars to interpret, primarily because the book has a variety of
      textual problems. The disjointed arrangement of the material can
      sometimes misinform, and it is also problematical to illustrate whether
      the narrative is an allegorical or literal event.

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/02jan09.html