Re:Question Regarding Pampakuda Namaskaram
- Is there any problem in using prayer books which are published by publishers without obtaining any Apostolic permission or with permission from IOC?
Allapra St.Jacob Church
- Dear Appu Jose and All
In our syrian Orthodx church we are using different books for daily prayers
1. Pambakkuda Pazhayanamaskaram ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam)
2. Pambakuda Namaskara Krama New Version ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam) according to my Knowledge both are transilated, editted and published by Rev. Fr Mathan Konattu. These prayers were taken from different syriac prayer books.
3. Hsheemo is the daily prayer book - In Hsheemo for evry day of the week we have different prayers. The syriac and malayalam transilation of it is available in our seminary book stall and Mor Meekhayel book stall puthencruz.
4. "Phenkeetho" it is a book of prayers for the feast of saints and for "Moronaya perunnal" The Phenkeetho is not yet translated to Malayalam. If I am wrong any senior priest may please correct.
You can get the copy of Phenkeetho in syriac from Dn Ajo of Kandanadu Diocese. Other books are available in our Puthencruz Patriarchal center.
Fr. George Vayaliparambil
- Who is this I'O'C. I had never heared abot it in anywhere in our church circle. The prayer books which are being used in the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church (Jacobite) is the one which is published by the permission of Patriarch of Antioch or by the Regional Episcopal Synod of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. The books which are published whith out the bull of the patriarch or Catholicose of the Syrian Orthodox Church is not allowed in Our Church. It is the dicission of the regional episcopal Synod of Malankara. Because the Litugy of the Syrian Orthodox Church is her Theology. Liturgy is the affirmation and proclamation of our church's Faith and Theology.
We can see in the book published by methran Kakshy so many changes they made. Once our Bava Showed all the heretical changes that they made to Mr Muneer the honarable ex-minister when he was the intermediatory of the church dispute during Ummanchandy Govt's period. He was surprised by seeing the heretical writings of the methran kakshi.
In the liturgical book of marriage ceremony they did many heretical changes. Instead of "..............VEEDIN BHARANAM SHEEMONUM". They changed It into "........VEEDIN KAVAL SHEEMONUM>>>>>>>".
Everywhere in the books which is published by Methran kakshi we can see the same heretical teaching.
They actually are denying the word of God St. John Chapter 21:15-18. They are heretic. They are doing it out of their Pride, Selfishness, Lust for money and power. All these are because of the Lack of Love. St. John Says God is Love.
If they know God, they will never do this.
Please see the following link
Please Read Ithu Viswasathinte Karyam by ‘Late’ Mor Athanasiose
Fr. George Varghese
- Dear Cijoy,
Some years before there was a bull (Kalpana) from His Beatitude Baselius Thomas I Catholicose of the East in which it is mentioned that prayer books published by authorised publishers (Seminary or Diocesan headquarters under Syrian Orthodox church) can only be used. So the question has no relevance. Unfortunately if it is not available to you or at the place you live you have to use a prayer book which is available.
- Dear readers,
In the recent posting in this subject Rev Fr George Vayaliparambil Achen wrote " Everywhere in the books which is published by Methran kakshi we can see the same heretical teaching."
I would fully agreee with him on this subject. I have read the Penkisa namaskara kramam translated by the late Augen "Catholicose"( I guess he was excommunicated from the Holy Church) . In this book St Baselios Yeldo bava of Kothamangalam was referred to as sitting on the Throne of St Thomas which I guess bava wuold have not even heard in his lifetime . In the same book St Gregorios of Parumala is also shown as defending their heresies and schismatic ideas.
They have also changed their canons ie the Hudaya Canon by accepting the altered canon translated by a heretic Roman Catholic French priest to suit his own Church (RC) needs rather than sticking on to the Hudaya canon written by Bar Hebroyo Maphriyana of the Holy Syriac Orthodox Church.
It is high time that we take a step in translating the all the Penkisa prayers into Malayalam from Syriac . I have heard that Chev Dr C A Ninan is already involved in this work with some copies of some rare Penkisa namaskara kramams of our Holy Church which he had copied for the LL Mor Yulius Elias bava of Mor Ignatious dayaro , Manginikara ,which he had originally taken for research in our rituals.The original ones have gone missing..I hope this book comes out as early as possible.
- Below link contains Malayalam and Transliteration versions of the evening prayer (Pampakkuda) in Open office format and in pdf. Hope this will be useful to folks who can not read Malayalam.
--- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil wrote:
> Dear Appu Jose and All
> In our syrian Orthodx church we are using different books for daily prayers
> 1. Pambakkuda Pazhayanamaskaram ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam)
> 2. Pambakuda Namaskara Krama New Version ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam) according to my Knowledge both are transilated, editted and published by Rev. Fr Mathan Konattu. These prayers were taken from different syriac prayer books.
- Hi All,
If anybody having PDF malayalam format of H'shmeho namaskaram or Pambakkuda namaskaram, please send me.
Thanks in advance.
- Below link contains Malayalam and Transliteration versions of the evening prayer (Pampakkuda) in Open office format and in pdf. Hope this will be useful to people who can not read Malayalam.
- Pambakkuda Namaskaram (English and Malayalam) pdf
H'shemo (Sheema) Namaskaram (Malayalam) pdf
Part 1 (Sunday - Monday)
Part 2 (Tuesday - Wednessday)
Part 3 (Thursday - Saturday)
Mathew G M