Re:Question Regarding Pampakuda Namaskaram

  • Eldo Daniel
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 14, 2009
      I am interested in knowing sources of authentic copies of all three namaskarams.

      shmeho
      Pampakkuda
      sadharana

      Thanks,
      Eldo
      Member ID: 4135
    • Cijoy Varghese
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 15, 2009
        Dear all
        Please pray for problems Thrikunnath seminary

        Cijoy Varghese
      • Cijoy Varghese
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 15, 2009
          Dear all
          please pray for problems regarding Thrikunnath seminary to be resolved & for perunnal of valiya thirumeni to be celebrated in a grand way peacefully. Let GOD CHANGE HEARTS

          Cijoy Varghese
          4067
        • Apu Jose
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 16, 2009
            Dear readers,

            Where can I get a copy of Shimo namaskaram? I do not know the difference between Sadharana namaskaram and the Pampakuda namaskaram. Please ,guide me in this.

            The prayer book that I use is the Prayer book printed by the Seminary Publications which was translated by Very Rev Konatt Mathen malpan.Is this the Pampakuda namaskaram?

            If it is indeed Pampakuda namaskaram ,I would also like to have copies of Sadarana namaskaram and Shimo namaskaram? Where will I get these prayer books?

            With prayers,
            Apu Jose
            Bhubaneswar
            4096
          • Apu Jose
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 16, 2009
              Dear Simon sir,

              Your idea of rotational prayers is excellent. Even I used to try it by rotating the Prayer books in Malayalam and in English(translated by Rev Fr Mani Rajan ). It really helps in concentrating in the prayers.

              But,sir there are some things which I think is not correct. In your posting you said one day you pray from the Rehasya prarthana. As far as I know it is to be only used after praying the canonical prayers from the book. It is also said in the same book that it is not advisable for a person to pray the Rehasya prarthana without praying the canonical ones.

              Another thing to be pointed out is praying only Madyastha prarthana in one day. In my humble opinion, Madyastha prarthana should only be used after the canonical prayers. The English prayers that you use if it is canonical ones, it is to be really appreciated as the spread of this English version of prayers will go along way in helping the spiritual nourishment of SOC members who know only English and doesn't know Malayalam.

              With prayers
              Apu Jose
              Bhubaneswar
              # 4096
            • Cijoy Varghese
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 17, 2009
                Is there any problem in using prayer books which are published by publishers without obtaining any Apostolic permission or with permission from IOC?

                Cijoy Varghese
                Allapra St.Jacob Church
                Kandanad
              • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 17, 2009
                  Dear Appu Jose and All

                  In our syrian Orthodx church we are using different books for daily prayers

                  1. Pambakkuda Pazhayanamaskaram ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam)

                  2. Pambakuda Namaskara Krama New Version ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam) according to my Knowledge both are transilated, editted and published by Rev. Fr Mathan Konattu. These prayers were taken from different syriac prayer books.

                  3. Hsheemo is the daily prayer book - In Hsheemo for evry day of the week we have different prayers. The syriac and malayalam transilation of it is available in our seminary book stall and Mor Meekhayel book stall puthencruz.

                  4. "Phenkeetho" it is a book of prayers for the feast of saints and for "Moronaya perunnal" The Phenkeetho is not yet translated to Malayalam. If I am wrong any senior priest may please correct.

                  You can get the copy of Phenkeetho in syriac from Dn Ajo of Kandanadu Diocese. Other books are available in our Puthencruz Patriarchal center.

                  Regards
                  Fr. George Vayaliparambil
                • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 20, 2009
                    Who is this I'O'C. I had never heared abot it in anywhere in our church circle. The prayer books which are being used in the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church (Jacobite) is the one which is published by the permission of Patriarch of Antioch or by the Regional Episcopal Synod of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. The books which are published whith out the bull of the patriarch or Catholicose of the Syrian Orthodox Church is not allowed in Our Church. It is the dicission of the regional episcopal Synod of Malankara. Because the Litugy of the Syrian Orthodox Church is her Theology. Liturgy is the affirmation and proclamation of our church's Faith and Theology.

                    We can see in the book published by methran Kakshy so many changes they made. Once our Bava Showed all the heretical changes that they made to Mr Muneer the honarable ex-minister when he was the intermediatory of the church dispute during Ummanchandy Govt's period. He was surprised by seeing the heretical writings of the methran kakshi.

                    In the liturgical book of marriage ceremony they did many heretical changes. Instead of "..............VEEDIN BHARANAM SHEEMONUM". They changed It into "........VEEDIN KAVAL SHEEMONUM>>>>>>>".

                    Everywhere in the books which is published by Methran kakshi we can see the same heretical teaching.

                    They actually are denying the word of God St. John Chapter 21:15-18. They are heretic. They are doing it out of their Pride, Selfishness, Lust for money and power. All these are because of the Lack of Love. St. John Says God is Love.

                    If they know God, they will never do this.

                    Please see the following link
                    http://www.syrianchurch.org/Articles/PrimacyofStPeter.htm

                    Please Read Ithu Viswasathinte Karyam by ‘Late’ Mor Athanasiose
                    Fr. George Varghese
                  • Anoop Mani
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 20, 2009
                      Dear Cijoy,

                      Some years before there was a bull (Kalpana) from His Beatitude Baselius Thomas I  Catholicose of the East in which it is mentioned that prayer books published by authorised publishers (Seminary or Diocesan headquarters under Syrian Orthodox church) can only be used. So the question has no relevance. Unfortunately if it is not available to you or at the place you live you have to use a prayer book which is available.

                      Anoop
                    • Apu Jose
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 24, 2009
                        Dear readers,

                        In the recent posting in this subject Rev Fr George Vayaliparambil Achen wrote " Everywhere in the books which is published by Methran kakshi we can see the same heretical teaching."

                        I would fully agreee with him on this subject. I have read the Penkisa namaskara kramam translated by the late Augen "Catholicose"( I guess he was excommunicated from the Holy Church) . In this book St Baselios Yeldo bava of Kothamangalam was referred to as sitting on the Throne of St Thomas which I guess bava wuold have not even heard in his lifetime . In the same book St Gregorios of Parumala is also shown as defending their heresies and schismatic ideas.

                        They have also changed their canons ie the Hudaya Canon by accepting the altered canon translated by a heretic Roman Catholic French priest to suit his own Church (RC) needs rather than sticking on to the Hudaya canon written by Bar Hebroyo Maphriyana of the Holy Syriac Orthodox Church.

                        It is high time that we take a step in translating the all the Penkisa prayers into Malayalam from Syriac . I have heard that Chev Dr C A Ninan is already involved in this work with some copies of some rare Penkisa namaskara kramams of our Holy Church which he had copied for the LL Mor Yulius Elias bava of Mor Ignatious dayaro , Manginikara ,which he had originally taken for research in our rituals.The original ones have gone missing..I hope this book comes out as early as possible.

                        With prayers
                        Apu Jose
                        Bhopal ,
                        Madhya Pradesh
                      • Eldo
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                          Below link contains Malayalam and Transliteration versions of the evening prayer (Pampakkuda) in Open office format and in pdf. Hope this will be useful to folks who can not read Malayalam.

                          https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jRFkNet46oOGYyNjUwNTEtZDM3Ny00OGQxLThlZDktYjMyYTA5ZDg5ZjE2

                          Thanks,
                          Eldo
                          4135

                          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil wrote:

                          > Dear Appu Jose and All
                          >
                          > In our syrian Orthodx church we are using different books for daily prayers
                          >
                          > 1. Pambakkuda Pazhayanamaskaram ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam)
                          >
                          > 2. Pambakuda Namaskara Krama New Version ( Nithya Prarthana Kramam) according to my Knowledge both are transilated, editted and published by Rev. Fr Mathan Konattu. These prayers were taken from different syriac prayer books.

                        • Robin
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                            Hi All,

                            If anybody having PDF malayalam format of H'shmeho namaskaram or Pambakkuda namaskaram, please send me.

                            Thanks in advance.

                            Robin
                          • Eldo
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                              Below link contains Malayalam and Transliteration versions of the evening prayer (Pampakkuda) in Open office format and in pdf. Hope this will be useful to people who can not read Malayalam.

                              https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jRFkNet46oOGYyNjUwNTEtZDM3Ny00OGQxLThlZDktYjM\
                              yYTA5ZDg5ZjE2

                              Thanks,
                              Eldo
                              4135
                            • Mathew G M
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                                Pambakkuda Namaskaram (English and Malayalam) pdf
                                http://tinyurl.com/7ooe6up

                                H'shemo (Sheema) Namaskaram (Malayalam) pdf

                                Part 1 (Sunday - Monday)
                                http://tinyurl.com/7s4k69o

                                Part 2 (Tuesday - Wednessday)
                                http://tinyurl.com/6ubtp7m