Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1369 , Jan 12, 2009
      CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

      "...we should patiently endure all that God allows to happen to us so that we may learn and gain experience and knowledge of our weaknesses."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, Than great treasure with trouble." Proverbs 15:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1369 of 1369 , Apr 20 7:24 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Since the Logos of God though His descent to us has brought the kingdom of heaven close to us, let us not distance ourselves from it by leading an unrepentant life. Let us rather flee the wretchedness of those who sit `in darkness and the shadow of death' (Isa. 9:2). Let us acquire the fruits of repentance: a humble disposition, compunction and spiritual grief, a gentle and merciful heart that loves righteousness and pursues purity, peaceful, peace-making, patient in toil, glad to endure persecution, loss outrage, slander and suffering for the sake of truth and righteousness. For the kingdom of heaven or, rather, the King of heaven - ineffable in His generosity - is within us (cf. Luke 17:21); and to Him we should cleave through acts of repentance and patient endurance, loving as much as we can Him Who so dearly has loved us."

           St. Gregory Palamas.

        "If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[d] On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter."  1 Peter 4:14-16

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.