Re: News update - Malankara Syriac Voice

  • Babu Jacob Nadayil
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2009
      Dear Moderators,

      This great job by our team must be appreciated by all. Malankara Syriac Voice is not just a news carrier but a beacon in keeping the faithful informed on a daily basis and helping them spiritually awaken in what they believe, follow and crave to keep closer to their hearts. The frustration in waiting for the bi-weekly edition of Viswasa Samrakshakan can be reduced too. Super job!.

      Thank you and God bless.

      With regards,

      Babu Jacob Nadayil

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Malankara Syriac Voice wrote:

      > 14 Jan 2008 - News update from Malankara Syriac Voice
      >
      > Church factions urged to observe restraint (The Hindu)
      > Thrikkunnathu Perunnal: Chief Minister to hold discussions today
      > ----------
      > Consecration of Memmukham Chapel
      > Kattilapoovam St. Mary's Church
      > Kallumkathra Church Parish day
      > Kandanad diocesan Youth Camp
      >

      > http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/
    • Malankara Syriac Voice
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
        News update - Malankara Syriac Voice

        Photo of L.L Mor Coorilos Kuriakose presented to St. Mary's JSO Chapel, Kattachira.

        KATTACHIRA: Photo of Late Lamented. H. G. M'sabrono Nasiho Mor Coorilos Kuriakose, founder of the Chapel, was donated to Kattachira St. Mary's JSO Chapel, the Marian Pilgrim Centre, by Kalikavu Poothicote Family and the same was presented to H.G. Mor Theodosius Mathews, Metropolitan of the Diocese by Dn. Thomas K Poothicote and family members, in the presence of Rev. Fr. Roy Kattachira, Vicar St. Mary's JSO Church, Kattachira.
        Website of Thirumeni
        http://morkoorilosekuriakose.org/

        Flag Hosted for perunnal at Kadamattom St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church.
        Read Notice
        http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Kadamattom2010feb%20notice.JPG
      • Malankara Syriac Voice
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
          News update - Malankara Syriac Voice
          Enthronement Ceremony of H.G Mor Osthatheos Ishaq will be on 21st Feb at St. Thomas JSO Church, Annanagar, Chennai.
          Click following link to read the invitation
          http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Suthronisoo_Mylapore.jpg
          Renowned Artist Jai Gopal Varma visits Kumarakom Attamangalam St. John's JSO Church.
          Report from Deepika http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/kumarakom.ravivarma.news.deepika.JPG
          Report from Manoramahttp://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/kumarakom.ravivarma.news.manorama.jpg
          Mor Dioscorus Kuriakose will be the metropolitan of Bangalore Diocese

          BANGALORE: The General Body Meeting held at St. Mary's JSO Cathedral, Queens Road, here on February 14, Sunday, under the president ship of Diocesan Metropolitan, H.B Catholicos Baselios Thomas I elected Mor Dioscorus Kuriakose as the new metropolitan for the Bangalore Diocese. Currently Mor Dioscorus is the Auxiliary Metropolitan of the
          Diocese and Abbott of Malecuriz Dayaro. New Council also has been formed. Rev. Fr. Paulose Mangalath is the Diocesan Secretary. Jyohis Mathew will be the Joint Secretary. Very Rev. Roy Kochattu Cor Episcopa is the Clergy Secretary. Rev. Fr. Geevargis George Pulayath will function as Office Manager and K V Baby as Auditor.
          Report from Manorama
          http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/bangalore.mordioscorus.feb17.jpg
          Knanaya Convention started at Thiruvalla Arch Bishop Mor Severios Kuriakose inaugurated

          THIRUVALLA: Arch Bishop Mor Severios Kuriakose of Knanaya Jacobite Arch Diocese inaugurated Knanaya Convention on Feb 17, Wednesday at Municipal Stadium here. Metropolitans Mor Gregorios Kuriakose, Mor
          Ivanios Kuriakose, Rev. Fr. Rajan Abraham Kulamadayil, Rev. Dr. A T Abraham Allumoottil, Rev. Fr. M O John Ammanamkunnath, T M Ittiy Avira, K I Abraham Kalappurakkal, Babu Chacko Nedungathra spoke.
          Report from Manorama
          http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/knanaya.convention.manorama.jpg
        • Malankara Syriac Voice
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 20, 2010
            Enthronement Ceremony of H.G Mor Osthatheos Ishaq will be on 21st Feb at St. Thomas JSO Church, Annanagar, Chennai
            Manorama Special Supplement
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Madrass%20News%20Paper.pdf-------------------------------------------

            Dukhrono of Mor Yulius Elias Bava observed at Manjanikkara Dayaro

            MANJANIKKARA: 48th Dukhrono of Mor Yulius Elias Bava observed at St. Ignatius Dayaro here. Mor Philoxenos Zacharias of Malabar Diocese lead the Holy Tri Mass. Very Rev. Andrews Ramban and Fr. Samson were the co celebrants. Abbott of the Dayaro, Mor Dionysius Geevarghese assisted. Hundreds of faithful attended.
            View Photos
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/DukhronoofMorYuliusEliasatManjanikkara/index.html

            Mor Osthatheos Ishaq visited the tomb of St. Thomas at Mylapore

            MYLAPORE: Metropolitan of Mylapore Diocese, Mor Osthatheos Ishaq visited the tomb of St. Thomas at Mylapore on Feb 21, Saturday. Metropolitan was given a warm reception at the church by the priests and administrators of the church. Priests of Mylapore and Bangalore
            Dioceses and faithful accompanied metropolitan.

            View Photos
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/MorOsthatheosIshaqvsittoMylapore/index.html

            60th Malabar Convention inaugurated

            MEENANGADI: Metropolitan Mor Philoxenos Zacharias inaugurated the 60th Malabar Convention at St. Peter's & St. Paul's JSO Cathedral, here on Feb 21, Saturday. Vicar Rev Fr. Mathai Athirampuzhayil, Asst. Vicar Rev. Fr. Mathaikunju Chathanattukudy, Very Rev. Michael Cor Episcopa Pulliyattel, Rev. Fr. Jacob Michael Pulliyattel, Rev. Fr.
            Byju Manayath were present.

            Press Release
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/malabarconvention.manorama.JPG

            New Congregation started at Basel Stock, UK

            BASEL STOCK, UK: New congregation started at Basel Stock on Feb 14, as per the direction and guidance of Patriarchal Vicar, Dr. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese. Vicar Rev. Fr. Geevarghese Thandayath celebrated Holy Qurbono. Hundreds of faithful attended. The Dukhrono
            of St. Ignatius Elias III was also observed and special prayer was
            conducted.
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 9, 2010
              Santhosh Pothara awarded Doctorate in Physics by M.G University.

              KOCHI: Santhosh Pothara awarded Doctor of Philosophy
              (Ph.D) Degree in Physics by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Dr. Santhosh is a lecturer in the Physics Department at B.P.C College, Piravom. Dr. Santhosh is the son of Very Rev. Baby Joseph Cor Episcopa Pothara. His brother Fr. Jyothis Pothara is a priest in our church.
              Annual Conference of St. Paul's Fellowship and Women's League
              of Malankara Archdiocese of North America on March 13.

              Read Notice
              http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Annual_Conference.america2010.JPG
              For more News updates, please visit
              http://malankarasyriacvoice.com
            • Thomas Tony V
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2010
                Congratulations Santhosh Sir.

                Regards,
                Tony Thomas
              • Reveesh M Varghese
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2010
                  Hearty congratulations sir

                  Reveesh.M.V
                • Malankara Syriac Voice
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 18, 2010
                    Chief Election Commissioner Navin Chawla visited Kumarakom Attamangalam St. John's JSO Church

                    The visit was as a part of the study of Mrs. Roopika Chawla about the works of Raja Ravi Varma

                    KUMARAKOM: Chief Election Commissioner of India, Navin Chawla along with his wife Mrs. Roopika Chawla visited St. John's JSO Church here on April 17, Saturday. Mrs. Roopika is doing a research on the works of Raja Ravi Varma and the visit was to study about the portrait of St. Gregorios Chathuruthil of India drawn by Ravi Varma in 1905. They were received by Vicar of the church, Rev. Fr. John Othanikkal, Rev. Fr. Kurian Mathew Vadakkeparambil, Trustee V S Kuriakose, Secretary John George.

                    Report from Malayala Manorama
                    http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/navinchawlaatattamangalamjacobitechurch.jpg

                    MGJSM - Southern Zone Student's Conference to be held on April 24, Sunday

                    More Details can be had from :
                    Dn. Thomas Poothicode +91 98475 47832
                    Anish Mathew (+91 99951 95292

                    St. George JSO Church, Marathahalli, Bangalore - Few photos.

                    H.B Catholicos Baselios Thomas I will consecrate on May 15, 16

                    View Photos
                    http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/MarathahalliChurchFewPhotos/index.html
                    ---------------------------------

                    Biography of Late Rev. Fr Cherian Kottayil [Malpan Achan]

                    http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/pdf/Fr_Kottayil_Biography.pdf
                  • Malankara Syriac Voice
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 19, 2010
                      News update - Malankara Syriac Voice Convocation of Biblical Academy of Piravom Valiya Pally held

                      PIRAVOM: The convocation of the Biblical Academy under the agies of Family Units of Piravom Morth Mariyam JSO Valiya Pally held at the Baselios Paulose II Catholicos Memorial Parish Hall at the Church
                      compound on July 18, Sunday. The 80th B'day celebration of Vicar Very Rev. Simon Chellikkattil Cor Episcopus also held. Very Rev. Simon Chellikkattil Cor Episcopus distributed the Diplomas and certificates to the successful candidates. Rev. Fr. Varghese Panachiyil presided over.
                      ----------------------------------
                      St. Thomas JSO Church started at Calgary on July 18, Sunday.

                      CALGARY, CANADA: St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Church started at Calgary, Canada. First Holy Qurbono was celebrated on July 18, Sunday by the vicar Fr. Prince Mookkanottil. Faithful residing at Calgary attended the services. The church functions temporarily at St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church.

                      Visit the Church website at http://www.stthomascalgary.org/
                    • Isaac Boban
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 20, 2010
                        Beloved in The Lord,

                        Prayer is requested for my wife, Leena Isaac�who is admitted in hospital due to minor hart attack.

                        As God is the creator, HE and only HE may shower mercy to her and do wonderful healings...

                        Prayer is Power...
                        With Jesus Love,
                        Isaac.