News update - Malankara Syriac Voice

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2009
      14 Jan 2008 - News update from Malankara Syriac Voice

      Church factions urged to observe restraint (The Hindu)
      Thrikkunnathu Perunnal: Chief Minister to hold discussions today
      ----------
      Consecration of Memmukham Chapel
      Kattilapoovam St. Mary's Church
      Kallumkathra Church Parish day
      Kandanad diocesan Youth Camp

      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/
    • Babu Jacob Nadayil
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 14, 2009
        Dear Moderators,

        This great job by our team must be appreciated by all. Malankara Syriac Voice is not just a news carrier but a beacon in keeping the faithful informed on a daily basis and helping them spiritually awaken in what they believe, follow and crave to keep closer to their hearts. The frustration in waiting for the bi-weekly edition of Viswasa Samrakshakan can be reduced too. Super job!.

        Thank you and God bless.

        With regards,

        Babu Jacob Nadayil

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
          News update - Malankara Syriac Voice

          Photo of L.L Mor Coorilos Kuriakose presented to St. Mary's JSO Chapel, Kattachira.

          KATTACHIRA: Photo of Late Lamented. H. G. M'sabrono Nasiho Mor Coorilos Kuriakose, founder of the Chapel, was donated to Kattachira St. Mary's JSO Chapel, the Marian Pilgrim Centre, by Kalikavu Poothicote Family and the same was presented to H.G. Mor Theodosius Mathews, Metropolitan of the Diocese by Dn. Thomas K Poothicote and family members, in the presence of Rev. Fr. Roy Kattachira, Vicar St. Mary's JSO Church, Kattachira.
          Website of Thirumeni
          http://morkoorilosekuriakose.org/

          Flag Hosted for perunnal at Kadamattom St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church.
          Read Notice
          http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Kadamattom2010feb%20notice.JPG
        • Malankara Syriac Voice
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
            News update - Malankara Syriac Voice
            Enthronement Ceremony of H.G Mor Osthatheos Ishaq will be on 21st Feb at St. Thomas JSO Church, Annanagar, Chennai.
            Click following link to read the invitation
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Suthronisoo_Mylapore.jpg
            Renowned Artist Jai Gopal Varma visits Kumarakom Attamangalam St. John's JSO Church.
            Report from Deepika http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/kumarakom.ravivarma.news.deepika.JPG
            Report from Manoramahttp://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/kumarakom.ravivarma.news.manorama.jpg
            Mor Dioscorus Kuriakose will be the metropolitan of Bangalore Diocese

            BANGALORE: The General Body Meeting held at St. Mary's JSO Cathedral, Queens Road, here on February 14, Sunday, under the president ship of Diocesan Metropolitan, H.B Catholicos Baselios Thomas I elected Mor Dioscorus Kuriakose as the new metropolitan for the Bangalore Diocese. Currently Mor Dioscorus is the Auxiliary Metropolitan of the
            Diocese and Abbott of Malecuriz Dayaro. New Council also has been formed. Rev. Fr. Paulose Mangalath is the Diocesan Secretary. Jyohis Mathew will be the Joint Secretary. Very Rev. Roy Kochattu Cor Episcopa is the Clergy Secretary. Rev. Fr. Geevargis George Pulayath will function as Office Manager and K V Baby as Auditor.
            Report from Manorama
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/bangalore.mordioscorus.feb17.jpg
            Knanaya Convention started at Thiruvalla Arch Bishop Mor Severios Kuriakose inaugurated

            THIRUVALLA: Arch Bishop Mor Severios Kuriakose of Knanaya Jacobite Arch Diocese inaugurated Knanaya Convention on Feb 17, Wednesday at Municipal Stadium here. Metropolitans Mor Gregorios Kuriakose, Mor
            Ivanios Kuriakose, Rev. Fr. Rajan Abraham Kulamadayil, Rev. Dr. A T Abraham Allumoottil, Rev. Fr. M O John Ammanamkunnath, T M Ittiy Avira, K I Abraham Kalappurakkal, Babu Chacko Nedungathra spoke.
            Report from Manorama
            http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/knanaya.convention.manorama.jpg
          • Malankara Syriac Voice
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 20, 2010
              Enthronement Ceremony of H.G Mor Osthatheos Ishaq will be on 21st Feb at St. Thomas JSO Church, Annanagar, Chennai
              Manorama Special Supplement
              http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Madrass%20News%20Paper.pdf-------------------------------------------

              Dukhrono of Mor Yulius Elias Bava observed at Manjanikkara Dayaro

              MANJANIKKARA: 48th Dukhrono of Mor Yulius Elias Bava observed at St. Ignatius Dayaro here. Mor Philoxenos Zacharias of Malabar Diocese lead the Holy Tri Mass. Very Rev. Andrews Ramban and Fr. Samson were the co celebrants. Abbott of the Dayaro, Mor Dionysius Geevarghese assisted. Hundreds of faithful attended.
              View Photos
              http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/DukhronoofMorYuliusEliasatManjanikkara/index.html

              Mor Osthatheos Ishaq visited the tomb of St. Thomas at Mylapore

              MYLAPORE: Metropolitan of Mylapore Diocese, Mor Osthatheos Ishaq visited the tomb of St. Thomas at Mylapore on Feb 21, Saturday. Metropolitan was given a warm reception at the church by the priests and administrators of the church. Priests of Mylapore and Bangalore
              Dioceses and faithful accompanied metropolitan.

              View Photos
              http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/MorOsthatheosIshaqvsittoMylapore/index.html

              60th Malabar Convention inaugurated

              MEENANGADI: Metropolitan Mor Philoxenos Zacharias inaugurated the 60th Malabar Convention at St. Peter's & St. Paul's JSO Cathedral, here on Feb 21, Saturday. Vicar Rev Fr. Mathai Athirampuzhayil, Asst. Vicar Rev. Fr. Mathaikunju Chathanattukudy, Very Rev. Michael Cor Episcopa Pulliyattel, Rev. Fr. Jacob Michael Pulliyattel, Rev. Fr.
              Byju Manayath were present.

              Press Release
              http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/malabarconvention.manorama.JPG

              New Congregation started at Basel Stock, UK

              BASEL STOCK, UK: New congregation started at Basel Stock on Feb 14, as per the direction and guidance of Patriarchal Vicar, Dr. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese. Vicar Rev. Fr. Geevarghese Thandayath celebrated Holy Qurbono. Hundreds of faithful attended. The Dukhrono
              of St. Ignatius Elias III was also observed and special prayer was
              conducted.
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 9, 2010
                Santhosh Pothara awarded Doctorate in Physics by M.G University.

                KOCHI: Santhosh Pothara awarded Doctor of Philosophy
                (Ph.D) Degree in Physics by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Dr. Santhosh is a lecturer in the Physics Department at B.P.C College, Piravom. Dr. Santhosh is the son of Very Rev. Baby Joseph Cor Episcopa Pothara. His brother Fr. Jyothis Pothara is a priest in our church.
                Annual Conference of St. Paul's Fellowship and Women's League
                of Malankara Archdiocese of North America on March 13.

                Read Notice
                http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Annual_Conference.america2010.JPG
                For more News updates, please visit
                http://malankarasyriacvoice.com
              • Thomas Tony V
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2010
                  Congratulations Santhosh Sir.

                  Regards,
                  Tony Thomas
                • Reveesh M Varghese
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 10, 2010
                    Hearty congratulations sir

                    Reveesh.M.V
                  • Malankara Syriac Voice
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 18, 2010
                      Chief Election Commissioner Navin Chawla visited Kumarakom Attamangalam St. John's JSO Church

                      The visit was as a part of the study of Mrs. Roopika Chawla about the works of Raja Ravi Varma

                      KUMARAKOM: Chief Election Commissioner of India, Navin Chawla along with his wife Mrs. Roopika Chawla visited St. John's JSO Church here on April 17, Saturday. Mrs. Roopika is doing a research on the works of Raja Ravi Varma and the visit was to study about the portrait of St. Gregorios Chathuruthil of India drawn by Ravi Varma in 1905. They were received by Vicar of the church, Rev. Fr. John Othanikkal, Rev. Fr. Kurian Mathew Vadakkeparambil, Trustee V S Kuriakose, Secretary John George.

                      Report from Malayala Manorama
                      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/navinchawlaatattamangalamjacobitechurch.jpg

                      MGJSM - Southern Zone Student's Conference to be held on April 24, Sunday

                      More Details can be had from :
                      Dn. Thomas Poothicode +91 98475 47832
                      Anish Mathew (+91 99951 95292

                      St. George JSO Church, Marathahalli, Bangalore - Few photos.

                      H.B Catholicos Baselios Thomas I will consecrate on May 15, 16

                      View Photos
                      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/MarathahalliChurchFewPhotos/index.html
                      ---------------------------------

                      Biography of Late Rev. Fr Cherian Kottayil [Malpan Achan]

                      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/pdf/Fr_Kottayil_Biography.pdf
                    • Malankara Syriac Voice
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 19, 2010
                        News update - Malankara Syriac Voice Convocation of Biblical Academy of Piravom Valiya Pally held

                        PIRAVOM: The convocation of the Biblical Academy under the agies of Family Units of Piravom Morth Mariyam JSO Valiya Pally held at the Baselios Paulose II Catholicos Memorial Parish Hall at the Church
                        compound on July 18, Sunday. The 80th B'day celebration of Vicar Very Rev. Simon Chellikkattil Cor Episcopus also held. Very Rev. Simon Chellikkattil Cor Episcopus distributed the Diplomas and certificates to the successful candidates. Rev. Fr. Varghese Panachiyil presided over.
                        ----------------------------------
                        St. Thomas JSO Church started at Calgary on July 18, Sunday.

                        CALGARY, CANADA: St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Church started at Calgary, Canada. First Holy Qurbono was celebrated on July 18, Sunday by the vicar Fr. Prince Mookkanottil. Faithful residing at Calgary attended the services. The church functions temporarily at St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church.

                        Visit the Church website at http://www.stthomascalgary.org/
                      • Isaac Boban
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 20, 2010
                          Beloved in The Lord,

                          Prayer is requested for my wife, Leena Isaac�who is admitted in hospital due to minor hart attack.

                          As God is the creator, HE and only HE may shower mercy to her and do wonderful healings...

                          Prayer is Power...
                          With Jesus Love,
                          Isaac.