Re: Holy Baptism of Christ

  • Sajan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 2009
      May be Christ was being ordained as a "bali vastu", sacrificial lamb,
      through the mamodisa he was getting ready for a sacrifice?

      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation .

      On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM, <GeorgeAramath> wrote:

      > Eldo Varghese,
      >
      > This is a great question! Why does Jesus Christ need baptism if he's
      > without sin?

    • Thomas Mann
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2009
        Respected All,
        It was needed that, before Jesus starts his ministry the revelation of Holy Trinity to the humankind. The image of God as, Holy Father-Son-Sprit is been revealed towards the ministry to prove that Jesus is the Son of God, about whom the Prophets said before.

        Also, St Ignatius of Antioch's says that Jesus was baptized to purify the waters of baptism of New Testament.

        My question is, Is that the Son of God was born with 'Sin of Eden'?

        Similar to the New Testament baptism, is the John's Baptism was also done for remission of 'Sin of Eden' ?

        Looking forward to hear from learned members.

        In HIS love,
        Thomas Mann
        Marth Mariam Cathedral Kandanad,
        St Mary's JSO Cathedral Bangalore.
        ID # 972
      • Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
          Greetings to All

          Let me add to these a few thoughts more.
          Was it only the Baptism of Christ that happened???? Because we
          sing ..

          "Aadyacharyathwam Kaikkondu Aahoron Moosayodonnichu…
          Scariyaakathunalkee Moosa, Scariyaa Yohannaaneki…
          Yohannan Karthavinnum… (How)… Karthaa than sleehanmaarkkum…
          Naana shrishtivibaaganlkkeki sleehanmaar…

          To my understanding it was the Levite priesthood (Ex:28-29) which
          God had given to Aahoron and Moosa given back to God exactly at the
          age of thirty (Ref -Num 4:2). It was the end of Old Testament and
          the start of New Testament. The Omnipresent God is only understood
          and seen by the human as and when He Himself reveals it to us and
          that was what happened on that day in Jordan. For thirty years it
          was a secret for the two families of John the Baptist and Jesus (do
          wonder what had happened with the Magi's and shepherds), but it was
          revealed to the whole world to see and believe on that day. The
          Christian baptism was only constituted by our Lord after his
          resurrection (Gospel of St. Mathew 28-19).

          Regards
          Shinu Jesus Abraham
          Member id # 2908

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, George Aramath wrote:

          As the Orthodox Study Bible comments, "His baptism was necessary
          for the fulfillment of God's righteous plan of salvation. 'Jesus
          enters the filthy, sinful waters of the world and when He comes out,
          brings up and purifies the entire world with Him'".

        • Thomas Mann
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2009
            Dear Learned members,

            I have raised few questions on the subject few months back, here but not got any reply...So posting it again.

            My questions are, is Jesus Christ was born with the 'Sin of Eden'?

            Similar to the New Testament baptism, is Saint John was doing a remission to 'Sin of Eden' by his baptism?

            Looking forward to hear from learned members.

            In HIS love,
            Thomas Mann
            ID # 972
            Marth Mariam Cathedral Kandanad.
          • Rin Sam
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 29, 2009
              Dear Thomas Mann

              Jesus was not born of man. Jesus is the Word (Logos) the Eternal son Of God who has come in Flesh. The Word become Flesh and dwelt among us (gospel john 1:14) the word become flesh to reveal the father. The baptism of John was for Repentance. Jesus' baptism was to reveal the trinity of God. Three persons in one Nature. Father is the unbegotten, son is the only begotten (1:18, 3:16, 18), and holy spirit proceeds from the father (15:26) Jesus Christ was The King, High priest and Prophet. When the word become flesh (Jesus the Eternal son Of God become man) Jesus was recognizing the Prophetic mission Of John the Baptist. Jesus was man as well as God at the same time. As a man he wanted to be like any other ordinary person (man)for his mission in this world. Jesus spoke about his baptism in Mark 10.38. He was Sacrificial Lamb of God to save people from sin or give eternal life to human beings.

              The New Testament Baptism is The Baptism Jesus taught his Disciples. Mathew 28:18-19.John the Baptist told the multitude that Jesus Christ will Baptize you with Holy Spirit and Fire (luke3:15-16) The Christian Baptism is different from Repentance Baptism performed By John the Baptist.

              It is clear that Jesus was born without sin as He is the Begotten son of the Eternal God Father. The Children of God were born not of Blood, nor the will of Flesh, nor the will of Man, But Of GOD.(john1:13)

              With prayers
              Rin Sam
              ID#4038