Humiliation against Antioch Patriarch in BOBANUM MOLIYUM

  • Simon Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
      Forgive me if I am wrong!!!

      Most of us have read many comics magazines, especially during our
      childhood. In malayalam, TOMS BOBANUM-MOLIYUM is a comics magazine
      which has earned its fame from the very early days itself.

      Last day, after about 8-10 years, I bought one BOBANUM-MOLIYUM,
      December 2008 edition. There were many comics items which I read with
      very much enthusiasm. But when I reached about half the magazine, I
      read one article against the Terrorist Attacks in India.

      I dont know who and how it was referred in it, the name of our
      ANTIOCH PATRIARCH resembling him to be a terrorist, who visited India recently. PATRIARCH is the Supreme Head of SYRIAN ORTHODOX
      CHRISTIANS. And hence, being a true Christian with fellowship towards Antioch, the comics part felt very bad for me. It really hurted my mind. Should this be questionned?

      Will any Hindu tolerate a humiliation against Sree Narayana guru?
      Will any Muslim tolerate a humiliation against Muhammad Nabi?

      The answer will be NO!!!

      I am sure that this part of the comics is drafted and published
      purposefully to humiliate the Jacobite Christians and the Antioch
      Simhasanam.

      And hence I humbly request our Officials to take this matter
      seriously, so that such acts will not be repeated anywhere else!!!

      ANTIOCHA MALANKARA BANDHAM... NEENAAL VAAZHATTE!!!

      Simon Thomas

      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation
    • Paul Jacob
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
        Dear Simon

        You are absolutely correct , we need to take action against
        the publishers Otherwise they will repeat this again. Unless and until
        nobody is asking next time they will publish comics about our Lord
        Jesus christ.

        So we must protest against this mis representaion.
        ANTIOCHA MALANKARA BANDHAM... NEENAAL VAAZHATTE!!!

        Paul Jacob

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
          Here is the Article in BOBANUM MOLIYUM:

          X says - POTTITHERI! Moonnu per marichu! (Bomb blast, three men died!)

          Y says - Vidhesha bheekara sangam keralathilethiyennu nerathe vaartha undaayirunnu (There is a news that foreign TERRORISTS have reached Kerala)

          Boban says - Vedhesha bheekararennu parayaan eeyide aarokkeyo evide vannallo!

          Moli says - Purathekku erangaan vaatte!(Let us not go outside)

          X says - ANTHIOCHYA PAATHIRARCHEESAA eeyide vannathu. Kandaal Bheekarante Lekshanamundu! (Anthioch Patriarch is the one who came recently. He looks like a TERRORIST)

          Boban says - aa "ARKKEES-INE" kayyileduthu chodyam cheyyenam (We should take that ARCHEESE in custody and question.)

          Like this goes the conversation.

          We could see mainly two bad words used against our Beloved Father and Supreme Head (TERRORIST, ARKKEESE)

          I am 100% sure that this article is created purposefully, especially focusing on the age group who are attracted by this publication.

          I hope, the market segment that attracts this magazine is really children. Such sort of blunder writings and thoughts against VERY REVERENT and DIVINE FATHER'S and PRIESTS, will mislead children. It will surely sow the seeds of wrong thoughts in their mind.

          If such writings are not questioned through proper channel, the Publishers will make this as a habit. It will lead to a stage of chaos.

          Having a pen in hands and getting the label of a Writer or Editor, is not the license to write anything they want. This sort of acts should be stopped.

          Hope that Officials who manages this web group will surely take the initiative towards this and keep us informed about the actions taken.

          A TRUE CHRISTIAN FIGHTS FOR TRUTH.

          Simon Thomas

          ========================
          From the desk of the Moderator:

          (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation .
        • Shibu Varkey Abraham
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
            Dear Simon,

            There are two ways of handling an insult :

            1. By responding to it,
            2. By ignoring it.

            By responding to it, we fuel the fire, whereas, by ignoring it, we
            make it a non-issue. At the same time never to let it go from our
            minds. Once we start responding to such, tantrums, we are
            cementing their efforts to distract our minds into violence, so to
            say it. Its like the `Cartoon' issue which came up a few years
            back, the issue was sufficient to instigate so many people around
            the world. Had it been left alone, the Cartoon issue would have
            died down in Denmark.

            We should keep our calm, the more we let them speak, the more we are
            discovering their inner decayed minds of hatred towards their fellow
            Christians, in their Majority Appeasement Efforts.

            If we really want them to get hit hard, let it come from the
            almighty God, and that's going to happened only if we don't
            respond.

            Cheers and best regards,

            Shibu Varkey Abraham

            From the desk of the Moderator: