Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1389 , Dec 30, 2008
      "St. John in one of his epistles says, 'Perfect love drives out fear.' What does the holy man signify to us by this? What sort of love and what sort of fear is he talking about? The psalmist says, 'Fear the Lord all you who love him,' and we find thousands of similar sayings in Holy Scripture. If, therefore, the saints who so loved Him feared Him, how can he say, 'Love casteth out fear'? St. John wishes to show us that there are two kinds of fear: one preliminary, the other perfect; the one found in beginners - as someone called it 'of the devout'; the other in those perfected in holiness, of those having arrived at true love."

      St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

      "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1389 of 1389 , May 18 8:02 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Therefore, children, let us hold fast our discipline, and let us not be careless. For in it the Lord is our fellow-worker, as it is written, 'to all that choose the good, God works with them for good.' But to avoid being heedless, it is good to consider the word of the Apostle, 'I die daily' 1 Corinthians 15:31. For if we too live as though dying daily, we shall not sin."

           St. Athanasius the Great.

        "I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live."  Psalm 116:1-2

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith