Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1348 , Dec 30, 2008
      "St. John in one of his epistles says, 'Perfect love drives out fear.' What does the holy man signify to us by this? What sort of love and what sort of fear is he talking about? The psalmist says, 'Fear the Lord all you who love him,' and we find thousands of similar sayings in Holy Scripture. If, therefore, the saints who so loved Him feared Him, how can he say, 'Love casteth out fear'? St. John wishes to show us that there are two kinds of fear: one preliminary, the other perfect; the one found in beginners - as someone called it 'of the devout'; the other in those perfected in holiness, of those having arrived at true love."

      St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

      "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1348 of 1348 , Mar 11 6:46 PM

        "'God's love for men brings it about that salvation and fervor come to us in proportion to the haste each of us makes to be renewed in the fruits of the Spirit, to awaken from the slumber of negligence, to be cleansed of the filth of indifference and of the sluggishness of worldly thoughts, and in proportion to the heat of the flame of our continuous recitation [prayer] night and day."

           St. Theodore.

        "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering."  Colossians 3:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.