PM greets nation on Christmas

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2008
      Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Christmas and said the festival was an opportunity to celebrate the spirit of sharing and imbibe the teachings of Jesus Christ.

      The prime minister said in his message: "Christmas, which celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, is an occasion for hope and happiness and provides an opportunity to celebrate the spirit of sharing and brotherhood."

      He added: "We should rededicate ourselves on this occasion to imbibe the life and teachings of Christ for the welfare of humankind."

      "I urge people to work for the uplift of the needy and underprivileged."