2nd edition of - Visudha QURBONO KRAMAM - compiled by Potharay achen

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2008
      Dear Forum Members,

      An ever existing challenge of the Syriac Orthodox Faith in Malankara
      is to help the faithful to discover the link between the sacrament,
      the scripture and the day to day living. The book "Visudha QURBONO
      KRAMAM" compiled by V. Rev. Baby Joseph Corepiscopa Potharay
      (Maravanthuruth.P.O, Vaikom, Kottayam, Phone-04829 234734, 236237,
      email: potharay@...) and published by The Biblical and
      Liturgical Academy, Puthencruz focuses on the Holy Qurbono and
      provides the faithful a verbal atmosphere to explore its biblical
      basis and experience the meditative depth emerging through the
      wholehearted participation in the same.

      The revised second edition of this book is getting released on 26th
      December 2008.

      The involvement in the Holy Mass may be achieved by helping the
      faithful to integrate it with the episodes of the mystery of
      incarnation. For that, the signs and symbols integral to the liturgy
      are meditatively explained (section by section), and their
      correlation with the specific moments of the life of our Lord is
      brought out, along with the most relevant biblical references. Though
      meditation is quiet subjective, a typical meditative guideline has
      been given so that the individual may adapt and build upon the same,
      with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Besides, the most important
      moments from the life of our Lord Jesus have been pictured and
      correspondingly attached as this compiling will immediately
      communicate even with our small children (Sunday School students form
      a major section of the target group). Even the traditional body
      language (the postures and movements) associated with the liturgy has
      been explored from a meditative angle. This work has already been
      proven to be a good reference text channelizing effective interactive
      sessions in our prayer meetings.

      In the Anugraha Kalpana, Sreshta Bava Tirumeni, H.B. Baselius Thomas
      I, calls this compiling 'a spiritual treasure' for the faithful.

      For the 'user friendly' dimension, the Qurbono Kramom is given in the
      right page while the red lettered left page provides the seeker with
      connected explanation, biblical reference, meditation etc.

      Let's all pray for our Dear and Rev. Pothara Achen, as the good Lord
      may make this print-ministry much fruitful and congratulate the
      concerned community of The Biblical and Liturgical Academy, the
      publisher.

      SOCM Moderators
    • Binu Aramath
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2008
        Is the Visudha QURBONO KRAMAM available in English?

        Binu Aramath