Re: An article on Rev. Fr. Zachariah Therampil

  • Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
      Dear Moderators

      My eyes were filled with tears after reading the article on the Rev Fr Zachariah Therampil who is a true disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ. I would like to add another touching point that kept happening for sometime after the tragic death of Achan's father. After his ordination he used to visit jails for evangelization among the criminals and he kept asking the wardens of prisons about the murderer who killed his beloved father. This inquiry was not to take a revenge or out of frustration. On the other hand it was truly in the spirit of forgiveness. But unfortunately Achan never got an opportunity to meet his father's murderer. I heard this from his mouth during the annual convention held by St George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church Kuwait.

      I wish to add one more incident about his activities. A family originally from the Catholicose side that had been attending to a Pentecostal Church for a long time was touched by the preaching of the Rev.Fr. Zachariah Therampil and attended the Dhyanam. At last they expressed their desire to come back the Mother Church. At that time Achan suggested them to rejoin the church where they used to go earlier i.e. Vadakanmannoor St Thomas Orthodox Church Kottayam (an IOC Church). This is a new lesson to be practiced by all Church authority including IOC.

      I wish every success to the Rev Fr. Zachariah Therampil and I hope that Sreshta bava and other Metropolitans will show interest in ordaining priest like the Rev Fr Zachariah Therampil that would multiply the esteem of our True Holy Church.

      In His Service
      Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
      Abbassia, Kuwait
      4079

      -- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, SOCM Moderators wrote:

      > An article on Rev. Fr. Zachariah Therampil
      >
      > Malayala Manorama
      > http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-
      bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?
      contentType=EDITORIAL&programId=1073753770&articleType=Malayalam%
      20News&contentId=4886913&BV_ID=@@@