Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1376 , Dec 11, 2008
      "It is more serious to lose hope than to sin. The traitor Judas was a defeatist, inexperienced in spiritual warfare; as a result he was reduced to despair by the enemy's onslaught, and he went and hanged himself. Peter, on the other hand, was a firm rock: although brought down by a terrible fall, yet because of his experience in spiritual warfare he was not broken by despair, but leaping up he shed bitter tears from a contrite and humiliated heart. And as soon as our enemy saw them, he recoiled as if his eyes had been burnt by searing flames, and he took to flight howling and lamenting."

      St. John of Karpathos.

      "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm 42:2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1376 of 1376 , Apr 29

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Discernment in beginners is true knowledge of themselves; in intermediate souls, it is a spiritual sense that faultlessly distinguishes what is truly good from what is of nature and opposed to it; and in the perfect, it is the knowledge which they have within by Divine illumination, and which can enlighten with its lamp what is dark in others. Or perhaps, generally speaking, discernment is, and is recognized as, the certain understanding of the Divine will on all occasions, in every place and in all matters; and it is only found in those who are pure in heart, and in body and in mouth."

           St. John Climacus.

        "Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name."  Psalm 33:20-21

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.