Re: Theological Seminary published Khurbhana Khramam needs some corrections....

  • Padhikan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2008
      Dear Moderators,

      I express my gratitude to respected Rev.Fr.(Dr) Mani Rajan for getting involved with the discussion on the subjected matter. I am hesitant to make comments on the publications of our esteemed Seminary as I am afraid that even if my criticism is constructive, it
      may hit the wrong place and turn to be criticism about our venerable
      & respected Fathers who are heading the Seminary Publications. But
      now I strongly feel that it is high time to point out the minuses not
      only in the Holy Service Book but also in other items such as 'Old
      Testament Readings book', 'Sleeha Vayana Book' etc., etc., published
      by the Seminary Publications(M.S.O.T.seminary).

      I humbly request those who are heading the Seminary Publications that my comments are not intended to hurt anybody's feelings. I am well aware that I am talking about my own house. But I feel ashamed to claim that some of the recent publications are from our Seminary.

      Reading through the 1st 32 pages out of the 323 pages of the book called 'THE MORNING PRAYERS AND SERVICE BOOK OF THE HOLY QURBANA'(English,Malayalam, Transliteration and a brief commentary)of the Seminary Publications is enough for one to assess the poor editing of the entire book. On a typical Sunday, if a congregation comprised of Malayalam Speaking and English Speaking is following this book, literally the Holy Service of that day will be a complete mess. If anyone has this book kindly read and compare just the pages 31 and 32. Page 31 must be the exact transliteration of page 32.

      Otherwise both sections of the congregants will be heading to different directions like in time of people who were building the Tower of Babel ! It shouldn't be like this. Forget about the comas, semi-colons, periods(full stops) etc. that are missing from everywhere.

      We need real and scrupulous attention in the preparation and editing of matters for these Devine Books before printing. I think many books from the Seminary Publications are to be re-edited and reprinted that earn disgrace to all of us. I am of the opinion that the Seminary has an important roll to keep up the prestige and status of the Holy Church.

      Peace.

      Padhikan