The Ecumenical Fellowship of Indian Christians in Philadelphia

  • Rev. Fr. K.K John
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2008
      Dear SOCM readers,

      The Ecumenical Fellowship of Indian Christians in Philadelphia is the leading pioneer organization started in 1987. Presently we have a membership of 20 parishes comprising Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Jacobytes, Knanaya, CSI, Mar Thoma, etc covering more than 4000 families. This year we took leading part in organizing the historic and first of its kind mammoth Peace Rally to City hall on Oct 26 where about 2500 people gathered.

      Our regular activities include, by-monthly clergy fellowship with their families, Annual Youth Retreat, Convention, Christmas Celebration and World Day of prayer.

      Christmas Celebration is the best of all our activities with about 2000 participating members. This is the best of its kind in the nation, well organized and disciplined spiritual and cultural event. Souvenir publication and Charity fund distribution are also part of the event.

      This year our Christmas Celebrations is scheduled to be conducted on December 14, Sunday at 4.00 PM. About 60 members work hard to make it a success.

      Main Attractions:
      1, The chief guest is H G Zechariah Mor Nicholovos, Asst Metropolitan, of North American Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church.

      2, Rev Rabbi Jean Claude Klein, Pastor of Jewish Congregation of Shaarei Shamayim is the special guest of honor.

      3, The Celebration will start at 4.00 PM with colorful Procession by children, women, men and Clergies representing all the participating churches, coordinated by Mr. Vincent Immanuel from Syro Malabar Catholic Church.��

      4, Lighting of the Lamp by Chief Guest
      5, Lighting of Christmas Tree by Fr K K John, EFIC Chairman.
      6, Ecumenical choir: led by Mr. Shinu Abraham, a highly gifted singer.
      6, Worship Service: Coordinated by Rev Fr Jose Daniel of St Peters Jacobytes Church.
      7, Public Meeting: Master of Ceremonies: Mr. Oommen Kappil, EFIC Secretary.
      8, Souvenir Releasing: Chief Editor: Mr. Daniel Thomas
      9, Charity fund and prize distribution: coordinator Mr. Vijay Maymadom.
      10, Felicitation and Plaque offering to outgoing Pastors.
      11, Resolution against violence in India, Mumbai.��
      12, Cultural Performances, Dance, Carol songs, Skits, Coordinated by Noopura Dance Academy, Matha Dance Academy and member churches.
      13, Group Hymn by all Clergies.

      TV Channel 6 (ABC), Asianet, Kairali, News Media, Kerala Express, Malayalam Patram, Malayalam Vartha, etc will also be present and cover the event. And will be published in all leading Kerala dailies.

      Asianet will broadcast half an hour on Dec 28 at Phila Time 6.00 PM.
      Thanks to Mr. Vincent Immanuel, Regional Manager and Mr. Jose Maleckal.

      Kairali TV will broadcast half an hour on Dec 20. Thanks to Mr. Joby George, Manager and President of Tri-State press Club.

      I request all to come and participate and make the event memorable, Happy Christmas,

      KK Johnachen EFIC Chairman
      Oommen Kappil, EFIC Secretary
    • George Kurian
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2008
        Respected Achen and Moderators,

        Congratulations: A great initiative. I offer to publish any news in our "NEW WORLD", if you think, it is a good idea.

        With Prayers,
        George Kurian