Theological Seminary published Khurbhana Khramam needs some corrections....

  • Eldose
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
      Barekhmore/slomo,

      Its highly apreciable for the Seminary Team to have a Khurbhana
      Kramam which has incorporaed English, Malayalam and Syriac in one
      book. Its a great and excellent work.

      The kurbhana kramam published by our seminary has some printing
      errors which I wish to suggest users to correct and Publications
      Authorities to initiate avoid such tiny erros.

      The following corrections would need an attetion or clarification.

      1. Thubden 4. ......daivamaya vachanam shareeriyayitheernnuvennu.....

      it should be .....vachanamaya daivam sharireeyayitheernnuvennu......

      This is because the process of Incarnation is highlighted though its
      His Words. Word is been transformed into Womb; the process of Word of
      God forming Body is the context hence it should be vachanamaya daivam
      shareeriyayitheernnu.

      2. During the last part of Holy Qurbano, before experiencing the Holy
      Eucharist, everyone is requsted to bowdown their head as a sign of
      submission. During this time, deacon reads in Malayalam.....

      EE vishudha rahasyangal kaikkollunnathinu munbil........

      this should be read as

      ee vishudha rahasyangal kaikkollunnathinu munbe.....

      The reason is that we are accepting and submissing ourself from the
      Holy Grail and its done before we accept the sacrement.

      (After this deacon reads........nalkapetta vishudha rahayangal kaikkondathinte shesham..... which means the previous reading should say 'before' and not 'in front of'.)

      3. An official circular or 'Amendment Advise' or something like can
      be forwarded to each and every parishes of churches, especially those
      outside Kerala and abroad where the Liturgy in Malayalam is
      struggling for its pure existence with clarity.

      There is more suggestions and creative views, but would awiat
      forerunners comment on this.

      regards,
      Eldose
    • Davis Cherian
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2008
        Regarding the new Khurbana Khramam, suggests to include all our
        availble church songs so that they will not be gone for ever. A lot
        of our beautiful songs are not availble in our Khurbana Khramam. An
        example, Theeyalloo EE Madhbaha ----- which is used just after the
        Evengelion. There are sevral songs to be used according to the
        importance of each sunday's Evengelion and Hoothomo. I Think these
        songs should be included in the book and preserved for our next
        generation even if we are not using it properly.

        Davis Cherian
        Sharjah

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Eldose wrote:

        > Barekhmore/slomo,
        >
        > Its highly apreciable for the Seminary Team to have a Khurbhana
        > Kramam which has incorporaed English, Malayalam and Syriac in one
        > book. Its a great and excellent work.

      • Dr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
          Dear moderators

          I would like to point out two suggestions.

          1. In Lord's prayer the word Aharam should be replaced with Appam.
          This was much discussed in many forums but the Qurabanakramam is
          still having this mistake.

          2. In the intercession prayer to Mother of God, the second stanza of
          the song Adathin papam pocki ... it may be desirable to change sosthi
          to slomo

          I am happy that our faithful are making valuable suggestions through
          the forum

          Fr. Mani Rajan

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Eldose wrote:

          > Barekhmore/slomo,
          >
          > Its highly apreciable for the Seminary Team to have a Khurbhana
          > Kramam which has incorporaed English, Malayalam and Syriac in one
          > book. Its a great and excellent work.

        • Padhikan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2008
            Dear Moderators,

            I express my gratitude to respected Rev.Fr.(Dr) Mani Rajan for getting involved with the discussion on the subjected matter. I am hesitant to make comments on the publications of our esteemed Seminary as I am afraid that even if my criticism is constructive, it
            may hit the wrong place and turn to be criticism about our venerable
            & respected Fathers who are heading the Seminary Publications. But
            now I strongly feel that it is high time to point out the minuses not
            only in the Holy Service Book but also in other items such as 'Old
            Testament Readings book', 'Sleeha Vayana Book' etc., etc., published
            by the Seminary Publications(M.S.O.T.seminary).

            I humbly request those who are heading the Seminary Publications that my comments are not intended to hurt anybody's feelings. I am well aware that I am talking about my own house. But I feel ashamed to claim that some of the recent publications are from our Seminary.

            Reading through the 1st 32 pages out of the 323 pages of the book called 'THE MORNING PRAYERS AND SERVICE BOOK OF THE HOLY QURBANA'(English,Malayalam, Transliteration and a brief commentary)of the Seminary Publications is enough for one to assess the poor editing of the entire book. On a typical Sunday, if a congregation comprised of Malayalam Speaking and English Speaking is following this book, literally the Holy Service of that day will be a complete mess. If anyone has this book kindly read and compare just the pages 31 and 32. Page 31 must be the exact transliteration of page 32.

            Otherwise both sections of the congregants will be heading to different directions like in time of people who were building the Tower of Babel ! It shouldn't be like this. Forget about the comas, semi-colons, periods(full stops) etc. that are missing from everywhere.

            We need real and scrupulous attention in the preparation and editing of matters for these Devine Books before printing. I think many books from the Seminary Publications are to be re-edited and reprinted that earn disgrace to all of us. I am of the opinion that the Seminary has an important roll to keep up the prestige and status of the Holy Church.

            Peace.

            Padhikan