Re: Dear Church authority

  • S Chandy
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 8, 2008
      Hi All,

      The first thing we have do for this is start a prayer chain, I mean
      all of us have to pray with this subject at a prticular time every
      day (ex: 10 o clock every night)where ever we are.

      If every body is agreed lets start from today.

      regds
      S Chandy

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vinod Verghese wrote:

      > I fully agree with what Binto Varghese has said.
      >
      > Remember we do not have a fully organised student wing which
      actually
      > is a big blunder continuing in our church in this modern world,
      since
    • Rev. Dn Bobby John
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
        Dear Binto,

        Firstly I congratulate to your eagerness about our church faith. In outside Kerala so many Jacobite students were studying different major cities, but we have lack of churches in major cities.

        Please try to collect details of them and approach to the church authority.

        Thanks for your initiative
        Dn Bobby John
      • Alex John
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
          Dear Binto and all others,

          The best thing we can do is to assure that all our children away from Kerala has to go to our own church, even if it is bit far. parents has to take care of this. The details of each student who is studying/working outside Kerala should be given to parish priest. He can send those details to Church H.Q. There should be one department in church H.Q to take care of our faithful outside Kerala. Its really difficult for common layman to take initiative for starting a congregation, why because they will be knowing only few jacobites in that place. There are so many deacons available in our church, the church authorities can take up initiative to appoint few of them to outside Kerala, just for coordinating faithful outside kerala. If these deacons has the details of outside faithful they can call up and discuss regarding the startup of a new congregation. If deacons or priests are inviting jacobites to start up a congregation that makes a lot of difference, instead of a common layman's initiative. So I feel church authority should take care of this. Its not a big deal to conduct Holy Mass on sundays if we can coordinate our faithful. Its not mandatory that there should be a church first to conduct Holy Mass. We can rent even a school hall for that. The expense for that will not be much. later if faithful are increasing we can think of further extensions. First and foremost thing is to keep our people in Syrian tradition. These congregations will help us in doing this. In Bangalore also the Holy Mass started in a school hall initially and later we constructed a three storied Church building with the help of all Bangalore malayali Christians. I think few members of this forum are close to church H.Q. I request them to put forward these ideas to our beloved H.B Bava Thirumeni and the Holy Synod. Otherwise in near future we will lose majority of our faithful from outside Kerala. One more thing needs people's attention is, in Bangalore there is a congregation started in T John college. Actually its just a classroom and Holy Mass is conducting for two Sundays every month. This started actually 6 months back and its still running. That means its a small success. There is nothing wrong even if it is a humble start. So i request those church authorities to take positive steps towards this.

          Alex John
          St Peters and St Pauls JSO church Bangalore
        • Anoop Mani
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
            Dear friends,

            What Vinod chettan wrote is absolutely right. Most of the members of St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church Singapore are middle class people. What we did was, first we organised a small prayer fellowship. In the beginning there was only four or five families. Our lord Jesus Christ did wonders in our prayer fellowship. Our church is built not by money, It is built by God Almighty. Mr. Binto, youngsters like you can take an initiative to commence a prayer fellowship. For this no seperate place is needed, it can be conducted in houses, hostel rooms etc. When the prayer fellowship grows you can contact the church authority and surely they will send a priest to co-ordinate you. For this not much money is needed. I wish you all the best.

            Anoop
          • Cijoy Varghese
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 13, 2008
              Dear all

              I am Cijoy Varghese. I was not active for some months due to personal reasons I will be active now. I read a lot of mail about faithfulls suffering because of lack of church in their area, I was reminded of a small initative which a church took in Germany thay created a small church in a vehicle & vehicle went to the remote areas were people had no churches.

              We could also do the same. We could also buy a vehicle & ensure that it reaches every desiring Jacobite atleast once in a month. It is an idea. I think is worth examining most IOC churches are near town ours far away from town this is also a issue

              Cijoy Varghese