Re: Difference in Doubts

  • Leena Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
      Dear Eldo,

      This is what I think about your doubt .

      Difference in Doubts

      regarding Luke 1:18 and 34. I request the moderators, priests or
      Thirumenies to correct it if it wrong.

      Luke 1:18 says:- "enthoninal njan ithariyum? enthannal njan
      vridhanane. ente barya valare prayam chennavalumallo"

      "By what shall I know and be sure of this: For I am an old man, and
      my wife is well advanced in years.

      Luke 1:34:- "njan purushane arinjittillathathinal ithe engine
      sambavikkum"

      How can this be, since I have no (intimacy with any man as a )
      husband.

      Here we must consider 3 things.

      1. Zachariah is a priest. So this question shouldn't come from a
      godly man who has a good, though not full knowledge about
      God.Because this question is o k when we think worldly but not
      alright when we take it from a man who has a deep knowledge about the
      power of God.

      Mother Mary is a virgin, young girl who is not yet married. As per
      law she will be stoned to death if she become pregnant after
      engagement and before marriage.

      2. Zachariah was asking for a sign. enthonninal njan ithariyum?
      St. Mary was asking a doubt for clarification.

      3. Priest Zachariah was praying for a child, and when his prayers was
      answered he was doubting about it. This shows that he was not
      believing that everything is possible for God.He wanted to reason it
      out with a sign.

      St. Mary was an innocent virgin, standing in prayer when angel
      appeared to her.

      Philosopher Herbert Spencer says," In all directions the scientist
      investigation brings him face to face with an insoluble enigma. He
      learns at once the littleness of the human intellect. There are more
      things in heaven and earth, Horatio than are dreamt of in your
      philosophy.

      Shakespeare says," It is not always true that the visual impression
      corresponds exactly to the external reality. A direct and superficial
      examination of things does not always enable us to conclude the
      reality is identical with perception.

      Scientist lecomte duenovy "commonsense cannot be trusted"

      Leena
      4136.