Re: Parumala Church ,Niranam Church,Puthupally Church and Thrikunnat

  • Apu Jose
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
      Dear Thomas sir,

      In the last posting Thomas sir wrote
      " It is foolish to think that Parumala Thirumeni or St: Mary need our money.. If someone think that by offering good some at the tomb and church you can go to heaven or you can get away with anything you need then you are all mistaken. Possible this may give some comfort to the people who is offering.. If this gives them some comfort then let them continue doing so."

      "In my opinion, Parumala THirumeni and our saints will also agree with that."

      "Church need money for only its normal running,"

      As you have correctly stated no saints need our money. If anybody thinks he can go to heaven by offering some money, then he is gravely mistaken. Only way to go to heaven is through the reception of the Holy Sacraments.Holy Baptism is the first step in that ,then comes the sealing of the person with the Holy Spirit, through Holy Muron. The state of sinlessness that a person attains at this point , gets deteriorated as he again sins . The only way to get back to this is through Holy Confession (it should be with a contrite heart) before a properly ordained priest and accepting the Holy Communion. Just attending the Holy Qurbana without taking Communion will not take anybody bto Heaven . All these Sacramentts have to officiated by a valid Syriac Orthodox priest.

      I guess even when we pray for the departed we say that please help them Lord because of the Holy sacraments that they have attended.
      Saying all this it is also correct to make offerings at Syriac Orthodox Churches. The Church (sabha) is the body of Christ. In the bible it is written that when the sinful women was anointing Lord's feet with a very costly oil,some of the apostles complained against this , but Jesus rebuked them and allowed her to anoint His feet.
      Jesus did not rebuke the old widow when she offered money.

      Now, coming to Parumala Thirumeni, he had also collected REESHESA(I am not sure of the name) money for the Patriarchate(I have heard that in one of his bulls he asks people not to be lax in it). He had also collected money for offering a cross to St Marks Dayara in the Holy Land.

      I hope I have made my point clear

      With prayers
      Apu Jose
      Bhubaneswar
      4096
    • J M Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
        Dear All,
        Why can't Jacobites build one church (big) near to the parumala church so that the beleivers who are going to the tomb can put their contribution to our church. Now we have enoungh financial strength to construct a church in parumala. If Jacobite members near to the present church are less in number, then it could be build it as a common curch of the Jacobites under the jurisdiction of Catholicose of the East so that He can utilise the contribution coming into church for the welfare of the poor.

        J M Paul
        ID # 1040