A letter to Dear Terrorist

  • Abraham Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
      This is a copy of the e-mail I recieved 2 yeares back (aftrer the bomb blast in trains). I hope this is a good time remember.

      Dear Terrorist,

      Even if you are not reading this we don't care. Time and again you tried to disturb us and disrupt our life - killing innocent civilians by planting bombs in trains, buses and cars. You have tried hard to bring death and destruction, cause panic and fear and create communal
      disharmony but everytime you were disgustingly unsuccessful. Do you know how we pass our life in Mumbai? How much it takes for us to earn that single rupee? If you wanted to give us a shock then we are sorry to say that you failed miserably in your ulterior motives. Better look elsewere, not here.

      We are not Hindus and Muslims or Gujaratis and Marathis or Punjabis and Bengaliies. Nor do we distinguish ourselves as owners or workers, govt. employees or private employees. WE ARE MUMBAIKERS (Bombay-ites, if you like). We will not allow you to disrupt our life like this. On the last few occassions when you struck (including the 7 deadly blasts in a single day killing over 250 people and injuring 500+ in 1993), we went to work next day in full strength. This time we cleared everything within a few hours and were back to normal - the vendors placing their next order, businessmen finalizing the next deals and the office workers rushing to catch the next train. (Yes the same train you targetted) Fathom this: Within 3 hours of the blasts, long queues of blood donating volunteers were seen outside various hospital, where most of the injured were admitted. By 12 midnight, the hospital had to issue a notification that blood banks were full and they didn't require any more blood. The next day, attendance at schools and office was close to 100%, trains & buses were packed to the brim, the crowds were back. The city has simply dusted itself off and moved one - perhaps with greater vigour.

      We are Mumbaikers and we live like brothers in times like this. So, do not dare to threaten us with your crackers. The spirit of Mumbai is very strong and can not be harmed.

      Please forward this to others. U never know, by chance it may come to
      hands of a terrorist in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq and he can then
      read this message which is specially meant for him!!!

      With Love,
      From the people of Mumbai

      Abraham
      Dallas,USA
    • Alias Cherian
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2008
        Well said Mr. Abraham,

        We are not Hindus, Muslims or Christians but we are proud "INDIANS", from the land of  Mahatma Gandhi, where we fought for a century for freedom on the platform of Non-Violence. Our forefathers have faced British soldiers guns with their cheat and whipping from soldiers with out reacting. They where the real Martyrs the world has seen.

        Dear Terrorist, Such terrorist attacks will only make us more united and make Anti - terrorist countries more united and act together. So friends, think again, think about your teachings, think about the world outside your ideologies, only your Boss gain millions in this dirty game & you with a little reward and the identity to you and your family as a terrorist till the end of the world.

        Jai Hind !

        Alias Cherian
        SOCM, ID - 4108