Worry - Disobedience and Undue Burden

  • Saju Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Greetings!

      Worry - Disobedience and Undue Burden

      Worry is not part of God's plan for any of our lives, and yet many of us are reluctant to trust Him.
      1 Peter 5:7 "... 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

      It seems almost comical. Who in this world can you trust more than God?! Yet, so many of us are unwilling to give our complete trust to God. We obey Him in so many other ways, but when it comes to our job, money, or loved ones, we hold things back for ourselves. God wants to remove those worries from our hearts if we'll let Him, but we're frequently consumed by the evil spirit of worry. It's much akin to an addiction.

      Like alcoholics who think that they need booze to get them through the day, we are secretly afraid that we won't know what to do with ourselves if we give this up to God. This is actually a form of pride.

      God says, to "humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:6-7). Think you're a humble person? If you let worry consume you, you're stiffening your neck against God's hand. God's not saying that we should stand by and be complacent in regard to these very real concerns. He wants us to seek Him, and pray for those issues and people. He's not saying that your thing of worry is insignificant. He just wants to handle it, and He wants you to trust Him.

      Saju C.Varghese
      New Delhi