ST. IGNATIUS ELIAS III SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA

  • Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
      ST. IGNATIUS ELIAS III SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA,
      USA.

      "He called that place Bethel, [Bethel means House of God]
      though the city used to be called Luz". Genesis 28:19

      It is a great spiritual joy for me to announce the first Holy
      Eucharistic celebration at the new Church building, acquired by the
      St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church in Lawrenceville,
      Georgia. This is the first Parish established in the venerable name
      of Patriarch Saint Ignatius Elias III of Manjanikkara (Omalloor Bava)
      within the Malankara Archdiocese in North America, under the Holy
      Apostolic Throne of Antioch and All the East. The Parish has been
      conducting services at the Episcopal Church, in Lilburn, Georgia.
      Now, by the enormous Divine Providence, along with the valuable
      intercession of our Patron Saint, St. Ignatius Elias III and with the
      tireless efforts of the members, this small Parish is ready to move
      into a convenient facility. We can testify that the prayers,
      encouragement and generous donations of our friends and well-wishers
      from Parishes within the Archdiocese and from the kind contributions
      received from a number of people, assisted us to acquire and renovate
      the property. We request your prayers and continued support in
      serving our Lord in the Blessed Intercession of St. Mary the Mother
      of God and all other Saints, especially with the supplication of
      Saint Ignatius Elias III. God willing, we will have the evening
      prayer along with a temporary dedication ceremo ny of the facility @
      169 McConnell Drive, Lawrenceville, Georgia on Saturday (12/6/08)
      evening and thereafter the celebration of the first Holy Eucharist on
      Sunday (12/7/08).

      On behalf of St. Ignatius Elias III parish, my humble self is
      extending our sincere gratitude and beseech all respected Clergy and
      Faithful to pray for blessings at this solemn occasion.

      Please come, visit and worship with us when you come to Atlanta.

      Prayerfully submitted.

      Mathai Achen.

      Vicar: Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
      Tel: 770-277- 6195 - Padhiri@ aol/Yahoo/gmail.com
      Secretary: Dr. Alexander Thomas
      Tel: 678-442-0094 Talex64@...
    • Babu Jacob Nadayil
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
        Congratulations Dear Mathai Achen and Dear fellow faithful!

        I am so glad that your hardwork and hardship have been paid off. Our
        parish at Lawrensville,GA will stand tall as witness to those who
        shed their sweat whole-heartedly for the Holy Church. May the holy
        Saint's prayers be fort of comfort for all of us. Let us rejoice in
        our Lord.

        Joining you in prayers,

        Babu Jacob Nadayil