Holy 11nmel Qurbono at Cheengery Pally

  • Sarun Maani Adukalil
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
      Dear All

      As a part of the GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS of St.Mary's Jacobite
      Syrian Orthodox Church (Pilgrim Centre), Cheengeri, Wayanad,
      we are planning to conduct Holy "11 nmel Qurbono" on 13th December
      2008.

      The celebrants of the Holy 11nmel Qurbono are
      Rev.Fr.Alias Thondalil,
      Rev.Fr.George Manayath,
      Rev.Fr.Mathaikunju Chathanattukudi,
      Rev.Fr.Geevarghese Kattuchira,
      Rev.Fr.Thomas Neerattil,
      Rev.Fr.George Thomas Pulliyattel,
      Rev.Fr.James Jacob Edapputhusserril,
      Rev.Fr.Saji Chollattu,
      Rev.Fr.Abraham Vallathukaran,
      Rev.Fr.George Varghese Kavungumpillil,
      all former Vicars of the parish and
      present Vicar Rev.Fr.Jacob Michael Pulliyattel(Vice President-MJSSA
      & Sabha Working Committee Member).

      The thronoses will be consecrated in the names of
      St.Mary,
      St.Peter & St.Paul,
      St.Thomas,
      St.George,
      St.Ignatius Elias IIIrd,
      St.Baselios Yeldho,
      St.Gregorios Abdul Jaleel,
      St.Osthatheos Sleeba
      St.Baselios Shakralla.
      St.Gregorios Geevarghese Chathuruthil,
      and
      St.Athanasius Poulose (Valiya Thirumeni),

      The Jacobite Syrian Christians in Cheengeri attended St.Peter's
      Church, Meenangadi till early 50s. In the year 1958, a church was
      consecrated in the name of St.Mary at Cheengeri. But as a result of the problems created by the Bishop's Party in 1974, police lathi charge occured and the parish was closed down. This was the very first closed down church in Malanakara.

      During the lathi charge in '74, one of our parish members, who was pregnant, got aborted on the spot. But except a few, everybody stood firmly under the Antiochian Faith and made a temporary shead near to the cemetry and started worship there. In the year 2003, the renovated church was consecrated by Their Graces Mor Themotheos Thomas, Mor Polycarpus Geevarghese and Dr.Mor Philaxinos Yuhanon. The Holy Relics of Maphriano Mor Baselios Yeldho was placed in the church, by the metropolitans in a specially built tomb, on the same
      day.

      The parish was blessed with the visits of
      Late Lemented Catholicose Aboon Mor Baselios Poulose IInd,
      Present Catholicose, Yaq'ub Burdhono of Malankara,
      Dr. Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas Ist, Metropolitans,
      Late Lemented Dr.Mor Gregorios Geevarghese,
      Late Lemented Mor Philaxinos Samuel,
      Dr. Mor Themotheos Thomas,
      Mor Polycarpus Geevarghese,
      Mor Coorilose Markose,
      Mor Dioscorus Kuriakose,
      Mor Athanasius Geevarghese,
      Mor Theethose Yeldho
      and
      Dr. Mor Philaxinos Yuhanon.

      The St.Mary's Sunday School under the church was selected as the
      Best Sunday School in Malankara by MJSSA twice. The PHEONOX RELIEF
      FUND functioning under the church has been doing many charity works in the District.

      In the year 2006, the church was declared "pilgrim centre" by the
      diocesian metropolitan Dr.MorPhilaxinos Yuhanon.

      Main feasts of the church are Feast of St.Mary in February, Feast of
      St.George in April and Feast of Mor Baselios Yeldho in September-
      October.

      Besides, the Feast of Maphriyano Mor Baselios Yeldho is celebrated
      on every Second Saturdays.

      The church has a chapel consecrated in the name of St.Mary at
      Rattakund and three shrines in the names of St.George at Karachal,
      Mor Baselios Yeldho at Karamkolly and Three Wisemen at Pallithazham.
      The cross (made of Krishnashila) in front of the church is
      consecrated in the name of St.Gregorios Chathuruthil. The three
      thronoses of the church are consecrated in the name of St.Mary,
      St.George and Mor Baselios Yeldho.

      On this auspecious occassion, we invite you all to the Holy 11nmel
      Qurbono.

      In our LORD'S Love,

      Sarun Maani Adukalil
    • Rev. Fr. DR. C.P Varghese
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
        Shlomo to All bretheren,

        We, the parish members and all faithful Jacobites in Baroda are rejoiced to announce the visit of our bishop H.E DR. Mor Themothios Thomas Metropolitan to this parish.

        H.E will arrive in Baroda on Saturday. H.E will conduct the Holy
        Qurbono on Sunday at our St.Mary's parish.

        Morning Prayers will start at 8.15 AM
        Holy Qurbono at 9: AM by H.E
        Parish meeting after Holy Qurbono.

        H.E will be leaving on Monday morning.

        All faithful children of the church are invited to this occasion.

        In his love,

        Fr. DR. C.P Varghese
        Vicar
        St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church