Cyprian of Carthage

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      What toil we must endure, what fatigue, while we are attempting to
      climb hills and the summits of mountains! What, that we may ascend to
      heaven! If you consider the promised reward, what you endure is less.
      Immortality is given to the one who perseveres; everlasting life is
      offered; the Lord promises His Kingdom.

      Cyprian of Carthage
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2011
        Patience is a thing of God, and that whoever is gentle, and patient, and meek, is an imitator of God the Father.

        Cyprian of Carthage, Treatises
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4 4:18 PM
          Our prayer is public and common; and when we pray, we pray not for one, but for the whole people, because we the whole people are one. The God of peace and the Teacher of concord, who taught unity, willed that one should thus pray for all, even as He Himself bore us all in one.

          Cyprian of Carthage, On the Lord's
          Prayerhttp://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2265722/on-the-lords-prayer-tertullian-cyprian