Difference in Doubts

  • Eldo E V
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear moderator

      1. Luke 1:18-Zechariah asked the angel-how can I be sure of this??
      The Angel Gabriel replied- (LUKE1:20) And now you will be silent and
      not able to speak until the day this happens because you did not
      believe my words.

      2. LUKE 1:34 -How will this be? Mary asked the angel.
      The Angel replied -(LUKE1:37) For nothing is impossible to the God.

      These are two incidents not common to the world. Surely the people have
      doubts about how can it possible. But for Zechariah the answer from
      angel is a punishment but for Mary it is an explanation.

      Why this difference??

      yours in Jesus
      Eldo E V
    • Leena Mathew
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
        Dear Eldo,

        This is what I think about your doubt .

        Difference in Doubts

        regarding Luke 1:18 and 34. I request the moderators, priests or
        Thirumenies to correct it if it wrong.

        Luke 1:18 says:- "enthoninal njan ithariyum? enthannal njan
        vridhanane. ente barya valare prayam chennavalumallo"

        "By what shall I know and be sure of this: For I am an old man, and
        my wife is well advanced in years.

        Luke 1:34:- "njan purushane arinjittillathathinal ithe engine
        sambavikkum"

        How can this be, since I have no (intimacy with any man as a )
        husband.

        Here we must consider 3 things.

        1. Zachariah is a priest. So this question shouldn't come from a
        godly man who has a good, though not full knowledge about
        God.Because this question is o k when we think worldly but not
        alright when we take it from a man who has a deep knowledge about the
        power of God.

        Mother Mary is a virgin, young girl who is not yet married. As per
        law she will be stoned to death if she become pregnant after
        engagement and before marriage.

        2. Zachariah was asking for a sign. enthonninal njan ithariyum?
        St. Mary was asking a doubt for clarification.

        3. Priest Zachariah was praying for a child, and when his prayers was
        answered he was doubting about it. This shows that he was not
        believing that everything is possible for God.He wanted to reason it
        out with a sign.

        St. Mary was an innocent virgin, standing in prayer when angel
        appeared to her.

        Philosopher Herbert Spencer says," In all directions the scientist
        investigation brings him face to face with an insoluble enigma. He
        learns at once the littleness of the human intellect. There are more
        things in heaven and earth, Horatio than are dreamt of in your
        philosophy.

        Shakespeare says," It is not always true that the visual impression
        corresponds exactly to the external reality. A direct and superficial
        examination of things does not always enable us to conclude the
        reality is identical with perception.

        Scientist lecomte duenovy "commonsense cannot be trusted"

        Leena
        4136.