Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1253 , Nov 30, 2008
      "[Long suffering is] Perseverance in adversity, endurance of evils, to abide to the end of temptation, not to let one's anger out by chance, not to speak a word in folly, not to suspect or to think anything that does not become a God-fearing man, as Scripture says: 'A long-suffering man shall bear for a time, and afterwards joy shall be restored to him. He will hide his words for a time, and the lips of many shall declare his understanding.' "

      St. Maximus the Confessor.

      "By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit." 1 John 4:13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1253 of 1253 , Nov 3, 2012
        "After the resurrection, when our bodies will be reunited to our souls, they will be incorruptible; and the carnal passions which disturb us now will not be present in those bodies; we shall enjoy a peaceful equilibrium in which the prudence of the flesh will not make war upon the soul; and there will no longer be that internal warfare wherein sinful passions fight against the law of the mind. conquering the soul and taking it captive by sin. Our nature then will be purified of all these tendencies, and one spirit will be in both, I mean in the flesh and in the spirit, and every corporeal affection will be banished from our nature."

        St. Gregory of Nyssa.

        "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" Romans 11:33