Mumbai: we will not be divided

  • Paulson Paulv
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi all

      I just signed an urgent message calling for unity following the
      attacks in Mumbai. Read the email below - Thanks

      --------------------------

      Dear friends across India and the world,

      We're all feeling the shock of the awful attacks in Mumbai. All our
      hearts go out to the victims and their families.

      The attacks were aimed at our people, our prosperity and our peace.
      But their top target was something else: our unity. If these attacks
      cause us to turn on each other in hatred and conflict, the terrorists
      will have won. They know that hatred and chaos feed on division. As
      radical extremists, their only hope of winning is by turning the rest
      of us against each other.

      Let's deny them that victory. We're launching a message to extremists
      on all sides and all our political leaders, one that will soon be
      published in newspapers across India and Pakistan. The message is
      that these tactics have failed, that we're more united than ever,
      united in our love and support to each other, determined to work
      together against terror and call on our leaders to do the same. If
      millions of people sign it, our message will be unmistakable, click
      below to sign it and please forward this email widely:

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/india_undivided/98.php/?cl_tf_sign=1

      It's time to speak out, let's do it together.

      Thanks
      Paulson Paulv