Re: Parumala Church ,Niranam Church,Puthupally Church and Thrikunnath Church

  • Thomas M Shajy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2008
      May be no one will agree with my opinion. It is foolish to think that
      Parumala Thirumeni or St: Mary need our money. If someone think that
      by offering good some at the tomb and church you can go to heaven or
      you can get away with anything you need then you are all mistaken.
      Possible this may give some comfort to the people who is offering. If
      this gives them some comfort then let them continue doing so.

      I have read in this forum to distribute the money to the beggars
      instead of offering to the church. Seems a good idea. I think it is
      much better as many poor people will be benefited. Even you can
      contribute this to any charity work.

      In my opinion, Parumala THirumeni and our saints will also agree with
      that.

      Church need money for only its normal running, If there is plenty of
      money they do not know what to do and may even demolish and rebuilt
      the church again and again.

      With love...
      Thomas
      ID# 4800

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Apu Jose wrote:

      > Dear readers,
      >
      > I would like to discuss somethings about Syriac Orthodox (Jacobites)
      who visit these churches.

    • Cecil K.Varghese
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2008
        Dear Mr. Apu
        In 2005, � I wrote a similar note in our forum, but the response was very poor. In that e-mail I was asking if anybody can clarify the Sacraments conducted by IOC priest is valid or not? I am sure it is invalid, because IOC is an excommunicated portion .So I am against the practice to baptize our children in Parumala church. We can go to the Kabaridam of Mor Gregarious and pray with the child. I used to go to the Kabaridam and lit candles. No monetary offering because that money may use for the court expense of cases against my mother church. I also mentioned that before starting the Holy Matrimony we need to do the ceremony to make the IOC bride, to valid bride for Jacobites boy, by anointing Sith & Mooron .(same way like we do to Marthoma bride). No body will come forward in support of this opinion because when the matter of existence in the society church and beliefs is not the 1st choice.

        Cecil K.Varghese
        Houston
        ID # 890
      • Cecil
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Dear Friends in Christ

          I disagree with Mr.Thomas, contributing money ,other than subscription is not a bad idea. Jesus told to leprosy man after he cured, go to the church show yourself to the priests and do the offering which is set by Mosses. Another occation Jesus point out the widow who put all her lvelyhood in the church. So offering money is not a ticket to heaven, we are earning money we should pay 10 % mandatory to church, if not it is personal affair, begging is a profession that is why in many palces it is baned. We have many other ways to help poor, and orphans. On the other hand I will never agree to offer money at parumala church. We can do good things in the name of Parumal tirumeni at our place, or where ever we want.

          Cecil
          Houston
          ID# 890