Re:Over 2 million Iraqis have fled to neighboring countries

  • Rev. Fr. Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2008
      This Sunday, 30th November, the British Orthodox Church of Christ the Saviour in Bournemouth, England, will be observing Suffering Church Sunday. Every year the Barnabas Fund encourages Churches to keep one Sunday in November as Suffering Church Sunday, to give thought, financial support and, above all else, prayer for our persecuted brethren. Our Syrian Orthodox brethren will be very much in our prayers this Sunday as we bring them before God in the Divine Liturgy. I would commend the work of the Barnabas Fund on behalf of persecuted Christians to every member of this Forum. Go to their website and you can read their Save Iraqi Christians campaign, The Other Nine campaign � as one in ten Christians live under persecution this encourages the other nine of us to support them � there is also information on persecution of Christians in India and elsewhere too.

      The Barnabas Fund does wonderful work for our persecuted brethren, do visit their site http://www.barnabasfund.org/

      Simon, British Orthodox Church