Crowd

  • V.M.Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2008
      Dear All,

      There was lot of publicity and write up in media about the lakhs of people came for methran faction meeting at Kottayam.We have no problem, even if there were crores !

      These days methran faction is more concerened about crowd.Some one in their meeting spoke that Patriarch of Antioch,has less followers than Armenian Partiarch, who visited Kerala recently,meaning,Armenian Patriarch is more respectable. Without showing any disrespect to HH Kreiken the Armenian Patriarch I would like to inform that our HH and Antioh was holding important positions in the three recognised holy councils. It was not based on number or political power. Holy church was formed first in Antoch and HH is high priest of the true church recognised by all. The church in Malankara was always under HH. Many were persecuted and killed during the muslim invasions. The number has reduced due to political reasons too. This will not belittle the position of the church in any way. Hence to all concerned,we are not bothered about the lakhs assembled at kottayam sammelanam of IOC or the political effect their meeting can create..

      P.S
      But we all know the capacity of MD seminary where more than 20000 can not meet and why they selected that place!

      Reagrds
      V.M.Thomas
      No.906
      St.Marys Jacobite church
      Panambady
      Kottayam
    • Apu Jose
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2008
        Dear V M Thomas sir,

        I would like to point out a mistake in your posting.I think Armenian Patriarch which you mentioned should be Armenian Catholicos of all Armenians(Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin). The Aremenian Patriarchs are Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople and All of Turkey Archbishop Mesrob Mutafyan and Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem Archbishop Torgom Manoogian.

        With prayers
        Apu Jose
        Bhubaneswar