Parumala Church ,Niranam Church,Puthupally Church and Thrikunnath Church

  • Apu Jose
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008
      Dear readers,

      I would like to discuss somethings about Syriac Orthodox (Jacobites) who visit these churches.

      The Holy Church according to the Church fathers is our mother who gives birth to us through the the sacrament called Holy baptism , protects us through the sacrament of Holy Chrism(Muroon abhishekam), cleans us from sin through the Holy Confession , gives us spiritual food through the Holy Qurbana , gets us a good Christian life partner through Holy marriage, makes us priest or high priest through Holy Orders, takes care of us when we are sick through Holy Anointing of the sick.

      It performs all the functions like our own mother and ensures that its(Holy Church's ) children get everlasting life.

      It is unthinkable for us to harm our own earthly mother. In the same way it is unthinkable for us to harm our Spiritual mother.

      Now , coming to the Parumala Church .It the Holy abode of St Gregorious ,a Syriac Orthodox saint . But, the Church and the tomb is now controlled by the Indian "Orthodox " faction . They work against the Holy Church ie against our Holy Mother . They use the money we donate to this Church to give case against our Holy Fathers like our Holy Patriarch and our Catholicos.These Holy fathers are like our own father.We will never do anything to harm our own father then how can we think of contributing for the harm of our spiritual fathers.If anybody is doing baptism in the Parumala Church , it is better for them to understand that the priests officiating in that is I"O" faction priests who doesnot have valid priesthood.

      Again ,if anyone wants to contribute ,let him contibute to the Niranam diocese of our Church. I am sure that Parumala Thirumeni will find that more pleasing .Same thing may be followed in the case of Niranam Church also.

      In case of Puthupally Church , it is also in the hands of I"O" faction . Syriac Orthodox people who visit this Church may make their donations to the Puthupally St George Patriarchal Cathedral (newly built churh of the Syriac Orthodox Church).

      The Thrikunnath Church is closed. But the room of the tombs of our fathers St Athanasius Paulose, Kadavil Paulose Mor Athanasius and Mor Gregorios Geevarghese Vayaliparambil are open for the faithful to pray . There is another room where the bishop of the I"O" faction is buried (He ,as far as I know, was excommunicated by the Holy Patriarch). Entry to the room of our bishops is through the room of the I"O" bishop's tomb.In front of the tomb of St Athanasius Paulose (Aluva Valiya Thirumeni )the I"O" faction has fixed a box for collecting offerings . The offerings made by the Jacobites for the Valiya Thirumeni are going into the hands of people fighting against the Church for which Valiya Thirumeni fought for . They are actually doing things which Valiya Thiriumeni will never like his followers to do.

      If anybody has to do offerings , they may do it at the Kurishumthotti of our Church in the name of Valiya Thirumeni at the place where the road joins the main road . The I"O" faction also has a kurishumthotti in the name of St Mary at the other side of ours.

      All the things written above are , what I felt we should do . But, I think it is a personal decision of each person where he should put his offerings . It is better for him to know what is done with the money (is it used to better the Holy Church or to harm it ). I have just given here new insight for each of the devotee to think about and arrive at his own decision.

      I would also like to invite the opinion of our forum members on this issue .

      With prayers
      Apu Jose
      Bhubaneswar ,Orissa
      4096
    • Thomas M Shajy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2008
        May be no one will agree with my opinion. It is foolish to think that
        Parumala Thirumeni or St: Mary need our money. If someone think that
        by offering good some at the tomb and church you can go to heaven or
        you can get away with anything you need then you are all mistaken.
        Possible this may give some comfort to the people who is offering. If
        this gives them some comfort then let them continue doing so.

        I have read in this forum to distribute the money to the beggars
        instead of offering to the church. Seems a good idea. I think it is
        much better as many poor people will be benefited. Even you can
        contribute this to any charity work.

        In my opinion, Parumala THirumeni and our saints will also agree with
        that.

        Church need money for only its normal running, If there is plenty of
        money they do not know what to do and may even demolish and rebuilt
        the church again and again.

        With love...
        Thomas
        ID# 4800

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Apu Jose wrote:

        > Dear readers,
        >
        > I would like to discuss somethings about Syriac Orthodox (Jacobites)
        who visit these churches.

      • Cecil K.Varghese
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2008
          Dear Mr. Apu
          In 2005, � I wrote a similar note in our forum, but the response was very poor. In that e-mail I was asking if anybody can clarify the Sacraments conducted by IOC priest is valid or not? I am sure it is invalid, because IOC is an excommunicated portion .So I am against the practice to baptize our children in Parumala church. We can go to the Kabaridam of Mor Gregarious and pray with the child. I used to go to the Kabaridam and lit candles. No monetary offering because that money may use for the court expense of cases against my mother church. I also mentioned that before starting the Holy Matrimony we need to do the ceremony to make the IOC bride, to valid bride for Jacobites boy, by anointing Sith & Mooron .(same way like we do to Marthoma bride). No body will come forward in support of this opinion because when the matter of existence in the society church and beliefs is not the 1st choice.

          Cecil K.Varghese
          Houston
          ID # 890
        • Cecil
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
            Dear Friends in Christ

            I disagree with Mr.Thomas, contributing money ,other than subscription is not a bad idea. Jesus told to leprosy man after he cured, go to the church show yourself to the priests and do the offering which is set by Mosses. Another occation Jesus point out the widow who put all her lvelyhood in the church. So offering money is not a ticket to heaven, we are earning money we should pay 10 % mandatory to church, if not it is personal affair, begging is a profession that is why in many palces it is baned. We have many other ways to help poor, and orphans. On the other hand I will never agree to offer money at parumala church. We can do good things in the name of Parumal tirumeni at our place, or where ever we want.

            Cecil
            Houston
            ID# 890