Re: Why I have decided to stop reading this daily forum email - by Rev. Simon

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2008
      Dear Rev. Simon,

      Greetings from a faithful from the far end of the East - from the Hind
      Country. I have read your posting on the above and really pained to note the contents. I can assure you that you have been milead from some of your freinds, belonging to a defiant group in Malankara of the Indian Continent.

      In this connection I urge you to read 2 Themothy, Chapter 3. For your ready reference I quote few versus :

      "1 This know also: that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, without selfcontrol, fierce, despisers of those who are good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. From such turn away.""

      We, the faithful, here in Malankara are really pained to uphold our TRUE FAITH for almost a century or so.

      Please bear with me on the following observations:

      Is calling a 'SPADE' a "SPADE" a sin?

      We, the Malabar Syrian Christians OR Malankara Syrian Christians are
      fortunate to have St.Thomas as our Apostle, and are lucky to be under the spiritual leadership of HH Patriarch of Antioch, one among the FOUR Patriarchates established by the Nicene Synod. A splinter group amongst us started questioning the authority of HH Patriarch since early 20th century. But since 1970s they started acting as an independent church, and its head "the Catholicose" started claiming as equal to HH Patriarch, which is not acceptable to a large chunk of the faithfuls. They propagate a new name to the Malankara Syrian Church as "INDIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH" (IOC), which is unheard till 1970s. In the earliest Church History there is no mention of this Church. In the name of 'ORTHODOXY' a few individuals want to FLOAT a
      church, just adding a synonym of "Orthodox" and you have really mislead by it.

      The wrong allegations these traitors (who hate the truth to be pravailed) put against our holy father sometimes made a few to retort in a same viel might have provoked you to think the you want to do. These retortions are not because we hate the splinter group of but we hate the lie they propagate to establish something new to the Malankara Syrian faithfuls. We were forced to see their high priests same as the then high priests at the time of our LORD. Their sweetened words misleads lakhs of faithfuls turn away from true
      faith, and started taking a defient stand against the Holy Church and its teaching. They swear in the court to establish a lie in public. They claim as "Orthodox" but not ready to practice and accept the Orthodoxy. They are the advocates of Satan, who always trying to mislead the faithfuls - as was done in Eden through Eve.

      We sincerely pray our LORD to give wisdom to all those who stay away from TRUTH, and make their re-entry to the Mother Church. This is my earnest request to you join us in our prayer and seldom efforts to bring back all those who wander away from TRUE FAITH.

      Yours in Christ,
      CJ Varughese
      Mem ID # 1012