His Holiness Karekin II arrived in Kochi

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008
      His Holiness Karekin II, The Supreme Catholicose-Patriarch of the Armenian Orthodox Church arrived in Kochi as a gust of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. His Holiness was received by Catholicos Designate of MOSC H.B Paulose Mar Milithios, Metropolitan of Kochi Zacharias Mar Antonios, Church trustee Fr. Johns Konat and other church leaders.

      Addressing media at the airport, the Catholicos expressed his happiness in getting an opportunity to make his first ever fraternal visit to the State on the invitation of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.

      �We have come here on a fraternal visit to the State to offer our prayers together in unity to God for the peace of the world and for the brotherhood of all States and nations,� he said.

      The Armenian Catholicos said this opportunity would be used to further enforce the good relationship between the MOSC and Armenian churches. Karekin II said they would offer prayers together in search of a solution to all challenges that human kind had been facing.

      Karekin II will be received by His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Didymus I, the Catholicos of the Malankara Orthodox Church on November 5 at the Catholicate Palace, Devalokam, Kottayam, Kerala. He will be confered the Order of St. Thomas by the Catholicos of the East, in a function at Mammen Mappilai Hall, Kottayam on 6th of November.

      He will attend another couple of functions on 7th at Parumala Seminary, Metropolitan's Residence in Mavelikara Diocese. On 8th Karekin II will visit the Orthodox Theological Seminary for inaugurating the recording studio at Sruti complex.

      Then he will be leaving to Chennai and Kolkata on 8th of evening to attend the 300th anniversary celebrations of the Armenian community in Kolkata and Chennai.

      SOCM News Bureau - Kochi