Re: SOC and Political Developments in Kerala

  • Bibu Philip Matthew
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
      The information about Christianity in Chalakudy is completely
      wrong,Chalakudy is the centre of Catholics and 98% of Christians
      there are Syrian Catholics,non-catholic denominations are pure
      minority there.The Roman catholics there are traditional and they
      always consider Pope as head of all Christians,and they do not
      recognise Christian denominations who do not accept Pope as their
      head.(they still live in Portuguese era ,saying christians who do not
      accept Pope are not christians)I openly challenged this when I was
      studying in best catholic school there in 1980's(there was enquiry
      against me in lower primary ) and the school later recognised my stand
      (I openly refused to study Catesm in catholic school which was
      compulsory until then for all christians), only because my Jacobite
      family had strong influence and organisation there.

      Jacobites do not have even a chapel/church in chalakudy,Jacobites
      earlier approached Jacobite bishop Thomas Mor Dionasios of Angamaly
      for starting a chapel,but bishop said he is helpless,so few Jacobites
      go to Orthodox chapel in Potta.Even Marthomites have no chapel there
      but they have hired a prayer hall.There is a CSI church and small CSI
      community there.

      Rgds
      Bibu Philip Matthew
      ID No 74
    • JM Paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
        Dear Bibu Philip,

        I am talking about not Chalakkudy Assembly constituency, but Parliamentary constituancy in which Kunnathunadu, Aluva, Perumbavoor,
        Angamaly, Vadakkekara, Chalakkudi and Iringalakkuda come. Of which both
        Chalakkudy and Iringalakkuda have more Catholics among Xian denominations

        Thanks
        JM Paul
        ID#1040
      • Ginu Issac
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
          Hi Bibu,

          I think you are mentioning about Chalakudy only. But Chalakudy parliamentry constituency includes Perumbavoor, Anakamaly, Kunnathunadu and Vadakkekara from Ernakulam Dist

          Regards
          Ginu
        • Gleeson Baby
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
            Dear Bibu,

            You have been mistaken for Chalakudy assembly segment. The new Chalakudy loksabha segment includes Angamaly, Perumbavoor and Kunnathunad assembly segments,and that should be what Mr Paul meant.

            rgds

            Gleeson Baby
            St George Jacobite Syrian Church
            Arakunnam