HERE IS YOUR MOTHER !!

  • Salem Voice Ministries
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      When you came into the world, she held you in her arms
      You thanked her by wailing like a banshee.

      When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you
      You thanked her by crying all night long.

      When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk
      You thanked her by running away when she called.

      When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love
      You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.

      When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons
      You thanked her by colouring the dining room table.

      When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays
      You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.

      When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school
      You thanked her by screaming "I AM NOT GOING!"

      When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball
      You thanked her by throwing it through
      the next door neighbour's window.

      When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream
      You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.

      When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons
      You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.

      When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day,
      from soccer to gymnastics and birthday parties
      You thanked her by telling the car was embarrassing.

      When you were 11 years old, she took you
      and your friends to the movies
      You thanked her by thanking to sit in a different row.

      When you were 12 years old, she warned you
      not to watch certan TV shows
      You thanked her by waiting until she left the house -
      all those teenage years.

      When you were 13 years old, she suggested
      a haircut that was becoming
      You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.

      When you were 14 years old, she paid
      for a month away at summer camp
      You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.

      When you were 15 years old,
      she came home from work, looking for a hug
      You thanked her by having your bedroom locked.

      When you were 16 years old,
      she taught you how to drive her car
      You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.

      When you were 17 years old,
      she was expecting an important call
      You thanked her by being on the phone all night.

      When you were 18 years old,
      she cried at your high school graduation
      You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.

      When you were 19 years old, she paid for your college tuition,
      drove you to campus, carried your bags
      You thanked her by saying good bye outside the dorm
      so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.

      When you were 20 years old,
      she asked whether you were seeing anyone
      You thanked her by saying, "It's none of your buisiness".

      When you were 21 years old,
      she suggested certain carriers for your future
      You thanked her by saying, "I don't want to be like you".

      When you were 22 years old,
      she hugged you at your college graduation
      You thanked her by asking whether
      she could pay for a trip to abroad.

      When you were 23 years old,
      she gave you furniture for your first apartment
      You thanked her by telling your friend it was ugly.

      When you were 24 years old, she met your fiance
      and asked about your plans for the future
      You thanked her by glaring and growling,
      "Muuhh-ther, please!"

      When you were 25 years old,
      she helped to pay for your wedding,
      and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you
      You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.

      When you were 30 years old,
      she called with some advice on the baby
      You thanked her by telling, "Things are different now".

      When you were 40 years of old,
      she called to remind you of a relatives birthday
      You thanked her by saying you were really busy.

      When you were 50 years of old,
      she fell ill and needed you to take care of her
      You thanked her by reading about the burden
      parents become to their children.
      ********************

      And then, one day, she quietly died.
      And everything you never did
      came crashing down like thunder.

      Ask yourself... have you put aside enough time for her?
      Be tactful, loving and still show her due respect
      though you may have a different view from hers.
      Once gone, only fond memories of the past
      and also regrets will be left.

      ---------------------------------
      Paul Ciniraj
    • Mammen H
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        Dear Readers,

        Will a proposal in this forum make any positive move? But keen to
        know the opinions of others. The primary subject of the conflict is
        the "Throne". Let us adore the "Thrones", St. Peter's and St.
        Thomas'. For IOC, HH Patriarch is the spiritual leader. The "HH
        Catholicos" and the "HB Catholicos" quandary can be solved through
        the following steps.

        1. Let HH Patriarch be always our spiritual leader.
        2. Let both the HH and the HB retire and take rest.
        3. Let the new HH be the senior Metropolitan of the present
        Jacobite group.
        4. Let present Assistant Catholicos HB Milithios continue.
        5. Select another Metropolitan from Jacobite group to be in line
        for Assistant Catholicos.
        6. Dissolve both the associations and elect a new one.
        7. Shuffle the Diocese Bishops and Vicars.

        If this happens, with in a few years our church will be long ahead
        than other churches in kerala.

        Will evils in both the group agree this?

        Regards

        Mammen H
        Kuwait
        ========================
        From the desk of the Moderator:

        (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      • Gleeson Baby
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
          Dear Mammen,

          Thomas'. For IOC, HH Patriarch is the spiritual leader. The "HH
          Catholicos" and the "HB Catholicos" quandary can be solved through
          the following steps.

          1. Let HH Patriarch be always our spiritual leader.
          2. Let both the HH and the HB retire and take rest.
          3. Let the new HH be the senior Metropolitan of the present
          Jacobite group.
          4. Let present Assistant Catholicos HB Milithios continue.
          5. Select another Metropolitan from Jacobite group to be in line
          for Assistant Catholicos.
          6. Dissolve both the associations and elect a new one.
          7. Shuffle the Diocese Bishops and Vicars.<<<<<<<<<<

          Let me give my opinion of your proposal.

          1. Its not the "Throne" the only issue or the most important issue. The fact is MOSC made apparant deviation from the centuries old faith, practises and customs of the mother church. As far as the Throne is concerned, historically its an accepted fact that the oldest or the first church is the See of Antioch established by St Peter. Its a fact even accepted by the catholic church, a church which never accepts anything which devalues Rome. Now if somebody wants to create a new throne just to compete with the See of Antioch, that too as late as 1974, its their problem. And if that Throne doesnt get accepted even by the christian community in malankara and needs the "honorific" title confered by the supreme court to survive, its for the creators to answer.

          2. HH the Patriarch is the supreme spiritual head of the jacobite syrian church. There is no argument on that. But as far as MOSC is concerned can you be authoritive about their stand. Of course the 95 SC judgement which is applicable to MOSC declares the Holy Patriarch as the Spiritual head. Even the 34 constitution also in a smocky way declares HH as the spiritual head. Ad Nariman when arguing in SC was asked by the judges what will be the status of malankara church without the Patriarch. He replied that it will be like the body without head...

          Now just go through the public atturances of the leaders of Mosc.. They talk as if HH is the head of some foreign church who have no business in malankara..This dual stand taken by MOSC inside and outside the court will never catalyse a serious discussion on peace talks..

          3.Your idea of giving retirement or rest to HH, HB etc etc arises out of your wrong perception that the church case is not issue based but the handiwork of some people.Any proposal which sidelines the actual issues to be discussed or sorted out will only fall through.It will only be a waste of time for the concerned. The issues which are under contention should be identified and should be discussed to find a solution, if at all its there..

          4. In my opinion there are two issues which have to be sorted out.
          a) The position of the Holy See in the Malankara Church.
          b) the temperol independence of the parish churches....

          I have written above on the dual stand by MOSC regarding the Holy See. Let them retreat from the stand taken by Ougen Catholicos in 74 and go back to the the letter and spirit of the Shalmoosa of the same Ougen Catholicos in 64..Let the MOSC publically accept that HH the Patriarch is the supreme spiritual head of the malankara church. They should not do it half heartedly. They shouldnt do it just because SC told them so.. they shouldnt do it just because its written in the 34 constitution or because they are reciting in the first thubdhen... They should do it because its a matter of faith to them which have been accepted by the community for centuries..

          Regarding the temperol independence of the parish churches, you may be knowing the stand of JSC. It dosnt accept any authority of the malankara metran or bishops or priests on the temperol affairs of the parish churches.The custodian of the temperol affais of the individual parish churches is vested on the parish pothuyogam and through it the parish managing commitee. Any talk of parish churches belonging to malankara metran or bishops( as in catholic churches) will never find acceptance in any JSC churches..

          I feel these two are the most important issues to be discussed.

          And i can guarantee you that MOSC will never take a clear stand on the above.. Its assured, and there you can find why the century old dispute can be settled only by a peacefull parting of ways...

          rgds

          Gleeson Baby
          St George Jacobite Syrian Church
          Arakunnam
          0891
        • Sajy Thannikkottu
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
            Dear Mammen H

            Basic need of the hour is people recognizing right & wrong. Once we
            are able to identify these rights & wrongs, we would be able to
            condemn violence. Until unless people will not condemn violence we
            will not have any change in our life.

            It is not because there is no solution for our problem, but it is
            because we don't want a solution. Your suggestion can be a good move
            if it can generate response. I won't say this is the only solution;
            there can be other solutions also. But I think you will get hardly any
            response, as it is not easy to swim against wave. People will find
            swimming very easy & convenient with wave. Our people also prefer this
            & so we can't blame them.

            None of our Metropolitans will take any initiative to solve this
            century old violence. They are happily watching foolish people like
            you and me running around them. There are enough people to clap for
            them in public meetings. Malankara Varghese might have died in the
            name of church conflict. And even there is a Binu who was killed for
            the same reason. There can be a Fr. Mathew Jacob Puthusseri who was
            attacked, or there can be so many other clergies & laymen from both
            factions. Who cares? Our Metropolitans are satisfied in their
            minister like reception in various functions, as they have ensured a
            chair with state & union Ministers.

            Is there any loss for these Metropolitans? They might have forgotten
            all of these names. Only those who were dependent of these people have
            a loss. I know these selfish leaders are not going to bring any bread
            for me like what Jesus Christ did. Instead I, myself, have to work
            hard for earning my daily bread. Still I respond to these messages
            hoping there will be a day where our people will recognize rights and
            wrongs.

            Today when I was reading Mathew Chapter 5 I was thinking, have they
            spend at least a day on meditating these, we would have got a solution
            for a problem of 100 years. I really mean it; we need ONLY ONE DAY FOR
            A PROBLEM OF 100 YEARS! Will they be ready?

            Regards

            Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
            # 2912
          • George Kurian
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
              Dear Saji,

              I and my New World Publication (www.newworldstories.com) wholeheartedly support the idea for peace. If Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. and the President Elect Mr.Barack Obama could make a change of history, why not we the people from God's own Country connot make a small truce !!!

              Unless we move forward boldly and try for peace, it will never happen. Please read my posting "The Abandoned Treasure" published in by publication, we will know what we are losing !!

              Saji and dear friends let us all try and I am sure we will succeed.

              George Kurian
              Chief Editor
              New World