RE: Our Churches In Trivandrum?

  • Santhosh Mathew
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
      There are two Jacobite churches in Trivandrum. One behind the secretariat and another at Pongumoodu. Pongumoodu is around 8 kms from Technopark and is mid way between the city and Technopark. Most of the Techopark employees reside around Pongumoodu and Sreekariam, so you can find a residence in the same area.

      I am a parish member of the St.Marys Syrian Orthodox Church Pongumoodu and I welcome you to our church. This church has been bestowed the title - 'Thekkan Manarcadu' - by our sreshta bava.

      Santhosh Mathew.
      3265
    • Babu Jacob Nadayil
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
        Dear Brother Alex Thomas,

        Who wouldn't know about our famous St.Peter's Jacobite Syrian
        Cathedral near Central Railway Stn., Trivandrum! Please click on
        www.syrianchurch.org for more details on our Malankara Churches or
        contact our beloved Rev.Dn.(Dr.) Paul Samuel who will favour us with
        any help at Trivandrum. Thank you Alex for your inspiring messages on
        our Forum in these days. Prayers & good luck for your new job.

        May God bless us.

        Babu Jacob Nadayil
      • Rev. Dn. Bennet Kuriakose
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
          We have two of our Churches at Thiruvananthapuram.

          1. St. Peter's Simhasana Cathedral, Poonnen Road, Near Secretariate, Statue, Trivandrum.

          2. St. Mary's Church, Chenthi, Pongummoodu, Thiruvananthapuram.

          you can contact me.
          9995253711

          WELCOME TO ANANTHAPURI

          Dn. Bennet Kuriakose
          3281
        • Rev. Dn.Dr.Paul Samuel
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
            Dear Alex,

            Happy to see the replies to the query. Since I was out of town, I
            couldnt reply the mail promptly...

            Anyway Dn. Bennet and others have given you the right information. If any doubt please refer to the weblink mentioned by Babuchayan(Nadayil), the map is enclosed in it...

            The vicars for the churches are
            St. Peters JSSC, Statue,TVPM- Fr. George Elluvila
            St. Marys Pongummoodu( one near to Technopark)- Fr. Abraham Kattathara.
            St. Ignatius Knanaya Church, Pattoor - Fr. Joseph

            If you are coming to St.Peters, please meet me. If you are coming to
            Pongumoodu, Dn. Bennet will be there. Dn. is doing his MTech at Govt
            Engg College, TVPM.

            We are also planning to organise our tech people at Technopark. In
            near future,a chapel is being envisioned near Kazhakuttam closer to
            the Technopark. For this a lot of co-operation from the Technopark
            employees is a must.

            Hoping to see you soon

            Regards
            Dn.Dr.Paul
            No.172
          • Alex Thomas
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
              Dear All,

              Thank you all for the information about our churches in Trivandrum.

              Thanks & Regards.

              Alex Thomas
              # 971
              Syrian Orthodox Diocese of Kottayam
            • Abraham Paul
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
                Dear Mr. Alex,
                SHLOMO

                Welcome to Trivandrum.
                We have two churches in Trivandrum.
                1. St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church.
                Location: Punnen Road, Opposite to Contonment Police Station at the
                North Gate of Secretariate, Statue junction, Trivandrum,
                Phone: 2330933
                Vicar. Fr. George Elluvila

                2. St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church (A Mother's graceful
                church known as Thekkan Manarakdu Pally)
                Chenthi, Pongummoodu. (Between Ulloor and Sreekaryam)
                Vicar. Fr. Abraham Kattachira. Ph:2467075.

                The churches are under the jurisdiction of H.B Baselios Thomas I
                Catholicos.

                Best Wishes,

                A humble member of the church.

                Abraham Paul,