RE: Our Churches In Trivandrum?
- There are two Jacobite churches in Trivandrum. One behind the secretariat and another at Pongumoodu. Pongumoodu is around 8 kms from Technopark and is mid way between the city and Technopark. Most of the Techopark employees reside around Pongumoodu and Sreekariam, so you can find a residence in the same area.
I am a parish member of the St.Marys Syrian Orthodox Church Pongumoodu and I welcome you to our church. This church has been bestowed the title - 'Thekkan Manarcadu' - by our sreshta bava.
- Dear Brother Alex Thomas,
Who wouldn't know about our famous St.Peter's Jacobite Syrian
Cathedral near Central Railway Stn., Trivandrum! Please click on
www.syrianchurch.org for more details on our Malankara Churches or
contact our beloved Rev.Dn.(Dr.) Paul Samuel who will favour us with
any help at Trivandrum. Thank you Alex for your inspiring messages on
our Forum in these days. Prayers & good luck for your new job.
May God bless us.
Babu Jacob Nadayil
- We have two of our Churches at Thiruvananthapuram.
1. St. Peter's Simhasana Cathedral, Poonnen Road, Near Secretariate, Statue, Trivandrum.
2. St. Mary's Church, Chenthi, Pongummoodu, Thiruvananthapuram.
you can contact me.
WELCOME TO ANANTHAPURI
Dn. Bennet Kuriakose
- Dear Alex,
Happy to see the replies to the query. Since I was out of town, I
couldnt reply the mail promptly...
Anyway Dn. Bennet and others have given you the right information. If any doubt please refer to the weblink mentioned by Babuchayan(Nadayil), the map is enclosed in it...
The vicars for the churches are
St. Peters JSSC, Statue,TVPM- Fr. George Elluvila
St. Marys Pongummoodu( one near to Technopark)- Fr. Abraham Kattathara.
St. Ignatius Knanaya Church, Pattoor - Fr. Joseph
If you are coming to St.Peters, please meet me. If you are coming to
Pongumoodu, Dn. Bennet will be there. Dn. is doing his MTech at Govt
Engg College, TVPM.
We are also planning to organise our tech people at Technopark. In
near future,a chapel is being envisioned near Kazhakuttam closer to
the Technopark. For this a lot of co-operation from the Technopark
employees is a must.
Hoping to see you soon
- Dear All,
Thank you all for the information about our churches in Trivandrum.
Thanks & Regards.
Syrian Orthodox Diocese of Kottayam
- Dear Mr. Alex,
Welcome to Trivandrum.
We have two churches in Trivandrum.
1. St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church.
Location: Punnen Road, Opposite to Contonment Police Station at the
North Gate of Secretariate, Statue junction, Trivandrum,
Vicar. Fr. George Elluvila
2. St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church (A Mother's graceful
church known as Thekkan Manarakdu Pally)
Chenthi, Pongummoodu. (Between Ulloor and Sreekaryam)
Vicar. Fr. Abraham Kattachira. Ph:2467075.
The churches are under the jurisdiction of H.B Baselios Thomas I
A humble member of the church.