Re: Police use force to prevent violence at Piravom church

  • Alex John
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
      Hi All,

      My father's cousin is a Methran faction follower from Piravom,
      i got an opportunity to talk with him. He is there in methran faction
      for long long years.He told me that there are few families in Piravom
      which belongs to methran faction. They were in methran faction even
      before our ex:bishop(Moovattupuzha) switched the side. He told me he
      was totally against the attack done by methran faction followers[?]
      at piravom palli kurishuthotti. More oever Jacobite faction is the
      vast majority in the piravom church, and let them rule the church and
      also they[original methran faction] dont want to create any problems
      in piravom church. They are ready to accept the majority decisions.
      If some one is not willing to accept the decisions they can move out
      of the church. Methran faction has a small church at piravom. But for
      all the main festivals and the famous "12 paithangalude nercha" these
      original methran faction people used to go to piravom church and
      attend the prayers. So from this what we understood is few people
      with vested minds are only trying to create tension in piravom. Our
      humble request to those guyz is to follow the path of original
      methran faction people at piravom.

      Alex John
      Bangalore
    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
        Dear Alex John sir,

        I think you are refering to Fr. Simon Chellikkattil Cor -Eppiscopa. He is the vicar of Our church. Regarding Fr. Vattakkattil , he is neutral now.

        Sabu Alias