Our Churches In Trivandrum?

  • Alex Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2008
      Dear all,

      Is there any Jacobite Churches in Technopark, Kazhakkoottam or surroundings? By God�s Grace I am moving to Technopark with a new assignment and wish to know about our churches in Thiruvananthapuram. I understand that there is a Simhasana Church in the city and wish to know do we have any other churches other than this in Thiruvananthapuram. If Simhasana Church is the only Church we have in Thiruvananthapuram kindly give the exact location and service timings of that Church or the contacts of someone who can direct me in this regard.

      I wish to express here my gratitude to The Almighty for blessing me with this new job in Kerala and solicit your prayers to be successful and a best performer in the new job.

      Regards,

      Alex Thomas
      # 971
      Syrian Orthodox Diocese of Kottayam.
    • Alex John
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
        Dear Alex Thomas,

        Check out the below link to get more information regarding churches and worship timings in TVM. I think we have only two churches in TVM district.

        http://stpeterstvm.tripod.com/id5.html

        Alex John
        Bangalore,
      • Aju P Thomas Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
          St. Petere's J.S.C at back side of secretariat,punnen rd. near police station.

          Aju P Thomas Thomas
        • Santhosh Mathew
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
            There are two Jacobite churches in Trivandrum. One behind the secretariat and another at Pongumoodu. Pongumoodu is around 8 kms from Technopark and is mid way between the city and Technopark. Most of the Techopark employees reside around Pongumoodu and Sreekariam, so you can find a residence in the same area.

            I am a parish member of the St.Marys Syrian Orthodox Church Pongumoodu and I welcome you to our church. This church has been bestowed the title - 'Thekkan Manarcadu' - by our sreshta bava.

            Santhosh Mathew.
            3265
          • Babu Jacob Nadayil
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
              Dear Brother Alex Thomas,

              Who wouldn't know about our famous St.Peter's Jacobite Syrian
              Cathedral near Central Railway Stn., Trivandrum! Please click on
              www.syrianchurch.org for more details on our Malankara Churches or
              contact our beloved Rev.Dn.(Dr.) Paul Samuel who will favour us with
              any help at Trivandrum. Thank you Alex for your inspiring messages on
              our Forum in these days. Prayers & good luck for your new job.

              May God bless us.

              Babu Jacob Nadayil
            • Rev. Dn. Bennet Kuriakose
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                We have two of our Churches at Thiruvananthapuram.

                1. St. Peter's Simhasana Cathedral, Poonnen Road, Near Secretariate, Statue, Trivandrum.

                2. St. Mary's Church, Chenthi, Pongummoodu, Thiruvananthapuram.

                you can contact me.
                9995253711

                WELCOME TO ANANTHAPURI

                Dn. Bennet Kuriakose
                3281
              • Rev. Dn.Dr.Paul Samuel
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
                  Dear Alex,

                  Happy to see the replies to the query. Since I was out of town, I
                  couldnt reply the mail promptly...

                  Anyway Dn. Bennet and others have given you the right information. If any doubt please refer to the weblink mentioned by Babuchayan(Nadayil), the map is enclosed in it...

                  The vicars for the churches are
                  St. Peters JSSC, Statue,TVPM- Fr. George Elluvila
                  St. Marys Pongummoodu( one near to Technopark)- Fr. Abraham Kattathara.
                  St. Ignatius Knanaya Church, Pattoor - Fr. Joseph

                  If you are coming to St.Peters, please meet me. If you are coming to
                  Pongumoodu, Dn. Bennet will be there. Dn. is doing his MTech at Govt
                  Engg College, TVPM.

                  We are also planning to organise our tech people at Technopark. In
                  near future,a chapel is being envisioned near Kazhakuttam closer to
                  the Technopark. For this a lot of co-operation from the Technopark
                  employees is a must.

                  Hoping to see you soon

                  Regards
                  Dn.Dr.Paul
                  No.172
                • Alex Thomas
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
                    Dear All,

                    Thank you all for the information about our churches in Trivandrum.

                    Thanks & Regards.

                    Alex Thomas
                    # 971
                    Syrian Orthodox Diocese of Kottayam
                  • Abraham Paul
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
                      Dear Mr. Alex,
                      SHLOMO

                      Welcome to Trivandrum.
                      We have two churches in Trivandrum.
                      1. St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church.
                      Location: Punnen Road, Opposite to Contonment Police Station at the
                      North Gate of Secretariate, Statue junction, Trivandrum,
                      Phone: 2330933
                      Vicar. Fr. George Elluvila

                      2. St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church (A Mother's graceful
                      church known as Thekkan Manarakdu Pally)
                      Chenthi, Pongummoodu. (Between Ulloor and Sreekaryam)
                      Vicar. Fr. Abraham Kattachira. Ph:2467075.

                      The churches are under the jurisdiction of H.B Baselios Thomas I
                      Catholicos.

                      Best Wishes,

                      A humble member of the church.

                      Abraham Paul,