Re: Police use force to prevent violence at Piravom church

  • Alex John
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
      Dear Sabu Elias Sir,

      Can you tell me, What is the stand of Fr Simon Vallikkattil[orthodx
      faction vicar of Piravom church], correct me if i am wrong in this
      issue? I have never heard his name any where in the paper reports nor tv
      reports. Only Joseph mankidi's name is mentioned all over.

      Alex John
      bangalore
    • Alex John
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
        Hi All,

        My father's cousin is a Methran faction follower from Piravom,
        i got an opportunity to talk with him. He is there in methran faction
        for long long years.He told me that there are few families in Piravom
        which belongs to methran faction. They were in methran faction even
        before our ex:bishop(Moovattupuzha) switched the side. He told me he
        was totally against the attack done by methran faction followers[?]
        at piravom palli kurishuthotti. More oever Jacobite faction is the
        vast majority in the piravom church, and let them rule the church and
        also they[original methran faction] dont want to create any problems
        in piravom church. They are ready to accept the majority decisions.
        If some one is not willing to accept the decisions they can move out
        of the church. Methran faction has a small church at piravom. But for
        all the main festivals and the famous "12 paithangalude nercha" these
        original methran faction people used to go to piravom church and
        attend the prayers. So from this what we understood is few people
        with vested minds are only trying to create tension in piravom. Our
        humble request to those guyz is to follow the path of original
        methran faction people at piravom.

        Alex John
        Bangalore
      • Sabu Alias
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
          Dear Alex John sir,

          I think you are refering to Fr. Simon Chellikkattil Cor -Eppiscopa. He is the vicar of Our church. Regarding Fr. Vattakkattil , he is neutral now.

          Sabu Alias