Re: Unity?????

  • Manoj C George
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
      Dear Bro Eldo,

      Please do not worry too much about whatever the IOC's say or write.
      They just cant bear the huge reception given to HH and HB by the
      church and the faithful. They are spellbound by the huge success of
      the Holy apostolic visit. They know that if they organise something
      like this the maximum they can get is 5000 people and half of them
      will be taken on rent. Just recall the festivities organised to
      canonise their saint vattasseril. Their own journals reported the low
      turnout of people. Just compare this with the sea of faithful
      gathered at Marine drive, Mulanthurthy, Panambady and kandanad. How
      can they bear this ? If you go through the messages in their forums
      you can see the height of their desperation.

      Instead of worrying about what they write let us understand their
      feeling of insecurity. Once I remember reading in a magazine that for
      Pakistan the policy of hatred towards India is a matter of survival.
      They want to keep this hatred alive so as to keep public attention
      away from their internal problems and power struggles within. The
      same applies to IOC also. For them spreading hatred and lies about
      the SOC and the SOC hierarchy is a matter of survival. Let them be
      happy with what they are doing. Let us just ignore them.

      If you go through their forums their main arguments are ...

      1. The visit of HH is creating law and order issues. HH is entering
      churches which fall under the 1934 constitution.

      But they fail to get even a stay against the visit of HH to these
      churches. They conveniently forget that leave alone entering these
      churches their leaders cannot even think of coming near these
      churches which are to be governed by the 1934 bible. They overlook
      the fact that the police were there not to lathi charge the faithful
      or provide protection for forced entry. They were there to control
      the multitudes of faithful who thronged the place to have a glimpse
      of their spiritual father and seek his blessings. Once IOC 's
      understand that HH is not here to conquer churches like they tend to
      do but to conquer the hearts of the faithful all this hue and cry
      about law and order problems will die out.

      2. HB Thomas I is the stumbling block for the unity of the church.

      HB Thomas I has saved this church from falling into the trap of ayyos
      again like 1964. The church has become a resurgent force under his
      leadership. From a stage in 1995/6 where we thought we will lose
      everything like we did in the 1970's we are today a well organised
      church with a constituion, able leadership, new dioceses,etc.,. And
      all this happened under the visionary leadership of HB. So of course
      HB is the stumbling block for the unity as ayyos envision unity. For
      ayyos unity means complete submission to them. When this did not
      happen and HB was the person under whom the SOC reorganised how can
      they bear this ? Please understand their plight.

      3. HB tend to follow dharna, kuthiyiruppu satyagraham, upavasa
      satyagraham etc.,. to make his claim.

      The funny part is that the very people who criticize him for this are
      following the same methods of protest. But unfortunately since it is
      just a show off and the real intention is something else always their
      dramas have had a bad climax.

      4. Another of our friend who blames everything and anything that
      happens around world on the Patriarchs of antioch is worried that Mor
      Clemis Augen Kaplan is being taken around malankara and this is wrong
      because HE was involved in a scam.

      Whatever the scam was, his explanation has already been accepted by
      HH and the matter is a closed one. But this guy very conveniently
      forget that their "parishudda" catholica Mathews II lost in crores
      when one of the financial institutions went under. Now since he is
      bothered only about what is happening in SOC he might not have
      noticed this. This is the problem with IOC ians. They read only SOC
      journals like Vishwasasamrakshakan but never bother to read IOC
      journals. They are always there to point out even spelling mistakes
      on VS but are never bothered when vedi magazines go full steam
      spitting hatred. They only listen to people like HG Mor gregorios
      speaking on stages but conveniently ignore hysterics of mannuthies.
      They are quick to criticise HG for having made some political
      comments but conveniently forget our dear mannuthy's famous joke of '
      the resignation of 37 MLA's'. These are the people who conveniently
      ignore the huge block in their eyes but look for dust in others eyes.
      Let us stop arguing with them. There is no point in trying to wake up
      people who are acting to be asleep.

      There are a lot of issues like this doing rounds in their forums.
      Then there are a set of people who are running around different
      forums spreading all sorts of nonsense. Recently there was a guy
      selling flowers on their forum. In SOCM he talks always about peace
      and unity. It is people like these that we have to be careful of.

      Dear brother, let them do whatever they want to. Let them shout peace
      or unity. We as a church have made our decision to co-exist. Let us
      stop worrying about them and concentrate on making our church
      stronger. The apostolic visit has re-inforced the confidence that we
      were experiencing for the last six years under HB Thomas I. The
      apostolic visit has come as a huge moral booster. Let us thank God
      almighty for having given us such a loving and visionary Patriarch
      and such an able and caring catholicose. Let us consider ourselves
      lucky for having lived in this golden era in the history of malankara
      church under such great spiritual fathers.

      Long live HH the patriarch and Long live HB the catholicose.

      Rgds
      Manoj
      ID # 1309