You wont learn !!!!!!

  • Alex Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
      Dear all,

      I am writing this message with a very heavy-heart. One reason why the Jacobite Syrian Church lost their edge in the faction fight in Malankara Syrian Community is, not using the correct name of the holy church. The leaders in our Malankara Jacobite Church believe in only vote power and not interested in brain game. The church is now blessed with lot of metropolitans, commanders, chevaliers and everyone says we are growing... But to where? From a great Syrian Orthodox church to a "Patriarkese Faction"??? Yes once again I wish to raise the issue of not using the correct name of our church but calling it a 'Pathriarkese faction'.

      As I don't want to repeat the context of the issue again in this posting I request the interested readers to go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/11922 where I have discussed the dangers of this usage earlier. I think most of the forum members agreed to my thoughts on this issue, but few of our leaders still recite patriarkese faction..patriarkese faction..

      Why I raise this issue again now, is because these are the days where Jacobite Church is in news in Kerala owing to the visit of our Supreme Pontiff. Every day there is one or other supplement in news paper about a function in the Holy Church. We all know that there is a media syndicate against our church and their correspondents (SWANTHAM LEKHAKAR) are always using deliberately 'patriarkese faction'.

      In most of the supplements, I read these days, the authoritative persons of the church or of parishes - vicars or lay leaders - are using the word 'patriarkese faction'!!. What happened to the wisdom of our leadership? Do they want to lead us to a minority faction, what image they can give us is that of a faction only?

      I can point to a lot of recent articles from our people in the mass media or our own media but as it may hurt people individually I don't want to do that.

      As I don't have access to our higher leadership, I have a simple request to any one close to our leadership who read this message- Bishops, Committee members, Chevaliers, Commanders, Scholars or anyone who love the Holy Church- please tell our leadership to use the correct name and also to advice the folks to follow same. Otherwise the value erosion and also membership erosion in the Holy Malankara Jacobite Syrian Church (for those who don't know what it is �your Patriarkeese Faction") will continue.

      Regards,

      Alex Thomas
      # 971
      Syrian Orthodox Diocese of Kottayam.
    • Rev. Fr. George Parathuvayalil
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
        Dear Mr. Alex Thomas.

        Thank you for your message about the name of our Holy Church. Please try to correct it as 'Syriac Orthodox Church'.

        God bless you.
        Fr. George Parathuvayalil.

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I am writing this message with a very heavy-heart. One reason why
        the Jacobite Syrian Church lost their edge in the faction fight in
        Malankara Syrian Community is, not using the correct name of the
        holy church. The leaders in our Malankara Jacobite Church believe in
        only vote power and not interested in brain game. The church is now
        blessed with lot of metropolitans, commanders, chevaliers and
        everyone says we are growing... But to where? From a great Syrian
        Orthodox church to a "Patriarkese Faction"??? Yes once again I wish
        to raise the issue of not using the correct name of our church but
        calling it a 'Pathriarkese faction'.

      • S Chandy
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
          Hi Alex,

          I strongly agree with you, it is the time for a change.

          S Chandy

          From the desk of the Moderator: