The people of Akaparambu village thrilled with happiness and joy -

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2008
      NEDUMBASSERY: The people of Akaparambu village, a stronghold of Jacobite faithful near Kochi airport, were thrilled with happiness and joy when Patriarch Ignatius Zaka-I Iwas, the supreme spiritual head of universal Syrian Church, visited Mar Sabore Afroath Cathedral in Akaparambu on Wednesday morning just before he is leaving to Damascus.

      Special prayers in connection with the visit of the Patriach were held at the Cathedral from early morning.

      Thousands of people cutting across caste and religion thronged the Cathedral to have glimpse of the Patriarch.

      Hundreds of Police Personnel were deployed on Cathedral premises.

      The Patriarch arrived at the Cathedral accompanied by Catholicos Thomas-I Bava and Metropolitans of the Jacobite Church at the Cathedral around 7.40 am. Cathedral Vicar Fr. Poulose Arackaparambil officially received the Patriarch to the Cathedral.

      The Patriarch offered special prayers in the Cathedral and blessed the devotees.

      Source: http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Patriarch+visits+Cathedral&artid=1gxj9XbgOkU=&SectionID=1ZkF/jmWuSA=&MainSectionID=fyV9T2jIa4A=&SectionName=X7s7i|xOZ5Y=&SEO=